This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Last Updated on January 21, 2023
All fondue fans know that a dinner party is never complete without some chocolate or cheesy goodness.
But, which type of fondue pot should you get? Should you buy the fancy stainless steel fondue set or stick with the more traditional ceramic pots? Do you go for a large fondue pot or a small one?
Well, wonder no more! In this article, you’ll discover how you can choose the best fondue pot for you. We’ll also list 5 of the best fondue pots you can find nowadays. So, if you’re ready to have yourself a fondue night, let’s get this show on the road.
At a Glance
- Cuisinart Electric Fondue Maker – Best Electric Fondue Pot
- Swissmar Lugano 9-Piece Cheese Fondue Set – Best Enameled Cast Iron Pot
- BOSKA Tealight Tapas Fondue Set – Best Ceramic Fondue Pot
- Nostalgia Chocolate Fondue Fountain – Best for Chocolate Fondue
- Artesia Electric Fondue Pot Set – Best for Parties
5 Best Fondue Pots of 2023
In no specific order, here are some of the greatest fondue pots on the market.
1. Cuisinart Electric Fondue Maker – Best Electric Fondue Pot
- FUNCTIONAL: This 3-quart capacity 1000-watt electric fondue set is suitable for chocolate, cheese, broth and or oil
- EASY CLEANUP: Nonstick interior and dishwasher safe makes this product easy to clean up
- MUST-HAVE FEATURES: Adjustable temperature probe with eight settings for a wide range of recipes and stainless steel fork ring
- INCLUDES: The Cuisinart elegant brushed stainless Fondue set includes a base, bowl, temperature probe, 8-fondue forks, and fork rack for the full fondue experience - also includes instruction and recipe booklet with lots of fondue options
- LIMITED 3-YEAR WARRANTY: Refer to user manual for troubleshooting steps and questions surrounding warranty policies – this product is BPA free
The Cuisinart Electric Fondue Maker is truly one of the best fondue pots you can find nowadays. From the ease of use to price, you won’t be able to fault it.
As the name suggests, this is an electric-powered appliance, which is mighty convenient. All you need to do is plug in the cord, choose a temperature setting, and the pot will do its thing. Cheese, chocolate, hot oil, broth; this fondue pot can do it all.
Oh, and did we mention that the power cord attaches with a magnet? Accordingly, you won’t have to live in fear of accidentally yanking the cord and spilling hot, liquid contents on yourself or your company.
Still, the best thing about this Cuisinart fondue pot is its nonstick interior and washer-friendly components. There’s no need to slave away at the sink, trying to scrub about the remains. Simply take out the temperature probe and cord, stick the pot in the washer, et voila!!! One squeaky clean fondue pot.
- Large capacity of about 3 quarts
- Comes with eight fondue forks and a fork holder ring
- Dishwasher safe
- Nonstick interior
- Comes with 8 different temperature settings
- Attractive stainless-steel build
- Can reach 375 degrees in 10-15 minutes
- Interior becomes scratched after a while
If you’re looking for a user-friendly fondue pot, this electric fondue pot from Cuisinart is the way to go. Not only is it easy to use, but it’s also easy to wash, and that’s all we can ask for at the end of the day.
2. Swissmar Lugano 9-Piece Cheese Fondue Set – Best Enameled Cast Iron Pot
- Set includes: cast iron pot with enameled inside for easy cleaning; wrought iron rechaud with tray; fondue burner; six 3-prong fondue forks with sturdy faux-wood handles; fondue pot
- Pot capacity: 2L/2QT
- Cast Iron Pot provides even heat distribution with no hot spots
- Ideal for cooking at both high and low temps
- Can be used on all heat sources
If you’re a traditionalist, then this enameled cast iron fondue set from Swissmar will be just the thing for you.
Made up of 6 fondue forks, a rechaud burner stand, a stainless steel fondue burner, as well as a 2-quart cast iron pot, this nine-piece set will have you reminiscing about those cozy, childhood fondue evenings.
Impressively, no matter what heat source you pick, this fondue pot will take it.
Whether you use the accompanying burner or place the pot right on the stove, the pot will heat up quickly and retain the heat for a long time. Granted, there’s a slight hot spot in its center, but it’s nothing too difficult to take care of thanks to the enamel coating.
And that’s not all the enamel coating has to offer. It also negates the need to season the pot before use, which is generally the thing we hate most about cast iron utensils.
Nevertheless, you should be careful to use wooden utensils so as not to damage the enamel coat. Also, make sure to hand wash the pot to preserve the pot for as long as possible.
- Can be used with oil, broth, cheese, or chocolate
- Easy to heat
- Retains heat well
- Enamel coat allows for easy cleaning
- Classic esthetic with three different colors available
- 2-quart capacity
- Forks have 3 prongs which hold food quite securely
- Doesn’t come along with fuel (gel fuel)
For a classic fondue set, the Swissmar Lugano 9-piece set will serve you well. From its appearance to its performance, it’s truly one of the best enameled cast iron fondue pots you can find.
3. BOSKA Tea Light Tapas Fondue Set – Best Ceramic Fondue Pot
- FONDUE FUN: Works for both cheese and chocolate
- MICROWAVE SAFE: Melted cheese or chocolate in a flash - no stove needed
- SIMPLE & ELEGANT: Heated by a candle - no lighter fluid, no cords
- INCLUDES: Ceramic pot, oak wood base, 2 fondue forks, and 1 tea light
- TRUSTED SINCE 1896: Boska Holland has built up their Cheesewares expertise over a long and rich history that started in the cheese heart of the Netherlands
Planning on throwing a tapas-and-cheese-fondue party? Then you’d do well to get the Boska Tea Light Tapas Fondue Set.
Since this elegant, square-shaped pot is made of ceramic, you can simply stick it in the microwave and be done with it. No stove, no fuel, no cords. A tiny tea light would be more than enough to keep the cheese fondue all gooey and melty.
And it’s not just cheese. This ceramic pot also works beautifully with melted chocolate. So, don’t worry. Whether you’re in the mood for something sweet or something salty, this Boska fondue pot will deliver.
It’s with noting that this ceramic fondue set comes in two sizes with either 2 or four forks. So, depending on how much fondue you’d like to eat at a setting, choose the suitable size.
- Comes in two sizes
- Stylish appearance
- Easy storage due to its small size
- You’ll need to buy new candles once the first one burns out.
If you’re having a small get-together or having yourself a tapas dinner, the ceramic fondue pot will be perfect. All you need to do is take it out of the microwave once you’ve reached the gooey-cheese stage and stick a candle under it.
4. Nostalgia Chocolate Fondue Fountain – Best for Chocolate Fondue
- FONDUE FUN: 4-tier chocolate fountain has a 2-pound capacity, making this a party favorite - perfect for birthday parties, family gatherings, wedding and baby showers.
- GREAT FOR OTHER SAUCES: This isn't just a chocolate fountain - it's perfect for nacho cheese, BBQ sauce, ranch, liqueurs and more.
- STAINLESS LOOK: The elegant stainless steel heated bowl keeps the sauces flowing so you get a consistent dip every time
- FOUR TIERS: The 4-tier fountain creates a beautiful cascading effect and is easy to assemble and disassemble, making setup and cleanup a breeze
- AUGER-STYLE FOUNTAIN: The auger-styled fountain (no pump) provides the continuous flow of chocolate
If you call yourself a chocolate lover, then it’s probably a life dream of yours to own a chocolate fountain. Well, dream no more cause this Nostalgia Chocolate Fondue Fountain is guaranteed to take you to cloud nine.
With a capacity of 1.5-2 pounds, you can throw yourself the chocolate fondue party of your dreams. The heated stainless steel fondue pot will keep the chocolate at just the right temperature, ready for dipping at any time.
And don’t worry about the dishes. You can disassemble all 4 tiers of the fountain and place them in the dishwasher.
And, if ever you’re not in the mood for something sweet, know that you can also use this fondue set with nacho cheese, liqueurs, ranch and even barbecue sauce.
- Large capacity
- Easy to assemble and disassemble
- Electric fondue pot
- Beautiful stainless steel fondue pot
- Auger-style fountain with no pump
- Different switches for motor and heating
- The base isn’t dishwasher-safe
- Slightly noisy
If you’re ready to make all your chocolate-dipping dreams come true, buy this beautiful fondue fountain from Nostalgia.
5. Artesia Electric Fondue Pot Set – Best for Parties
- CHEESE MELTING FONDUE POTS - Comes with a 1-QT ceramic chocolate melting pot for chocolate and cheese, and a 2.6-QT stainless steel fondue pot for meat and shrimp. 1500W electric fondue base can evenly heat everything, perfect for family and friend gatherings!
- HEATS UP QUICKLY & EVENLY - Our electric fondue pot set is attractive and functional, and the base of the pot is a hot plate with a temperature control knob it’s very adjustable in terms of how hot you want to make things, heats up quickly, and maintains a steady temperature.
- EASY TO CLEAN - Cleanup is pretty easy as you only have to clean the ceramic bowl and a bunch of color-coded forks. And the ceramic part can go in the dishwasher. Use the heat-resistant side handles for safe and easy handling while moving the steel fondue pot.
- 8 COLOR-CODED FORKS - Allow guests to serve themselves decadent chocolate fondue, delectable cheese dips and more with the included 8 color-coded forks. Notches in the rim hold each fork in place.
- Artestia SERVICES - We aim to add joy and simplicity to your everyday life by delivering premium cooking accessories and utensils you will love! And we believe that you will have a nice time with our electric ceramic fondue pot. Please feel free to contact us if there is any question.
Need to entertain a small number of people? Then get this spacious fondue pot from Artesia.
Made of 304 stainless steel and having a 2.6-quart capacity, you can use this pot to cook meat and shrimp with ease and comfort. Simply place your oil, broth, or wine into the stainless steel pot and have yourself a delicious hot pot. Oh, and you can also use this pot to cook pasta, veggies, soups, and so much more.
And whenever you’re in the mood for some melty cheese or chocolate, pour some boiling water in the pot and place the 1-quart ceramic on top of it. Adjust the temperature until you get just the right level of gooiness, then start your dipping session.
Since the 8 forks included with this fondue set are all color-coded, you and your guests won’t lose track of your fork. And you’ll be happy to know that the forks as well as the ceramic insert can all go into the dishwasher.
- Comes in two styles: all metallic and wood
- Heats up quickly and evenly
- Come with temperature control knob
- Great for cooking meat and melting cheese
- Power cord is long enough for maneuverability
- Comes with eight color-coded forks
- Doesn’t come with a fork rest
When you want to cook meat or melt chocolate for a few guests, the Artesia fondue set will be your knight in shining armor. It’s truly one of the best electric fondue pots on the market, especially considering its size, ease of use, and price.
Things to Look for When Buying a Fondue Pot
As you already saw, there are many different types of fondue pots. So, which one should you go for?
Well, before settling on any brand, there are three things you need to consider before coming to a decision, namely the material, size and fuel source of the pot. So, let’s see how each of these factors will impact your fondue pot performance, shall we?
Fondue pots can be made of ceramic, stainless steel, cast iron, or aluminum. Each material has its pros and cons. So, depending on what’s most important to you, you should make your choice of material.
Now, traditional fondue pots are typically made of ceramic. That’s because ceramic is one of the best non-stick materials you can hope to find. As such, ceramic pots are perfect for making silky smooth cheese and chocolate fondues. And best of all, they make the clean-up as simple as can be.
As for stainless steel pots, their conductivity allows your fondue to heat up quickly. So, if you’re not particularly patient, a stainless set fondue set will be perfect.
A cast iron fondue pot on the other hand isn’t quite so fast to heat up. But, once it reaches the right temperature, it holds on to the heat for a long, long time. Couple this with the fact that it’s the best material for withstanding high temperatures, and you’ll understand why it’s the material of choice for meat fondues.
Similar to cast iron, cast aluminum pots are great at retaining heat. However, they’re much lighter and easier to use. As such, aluminum pots are perfect for outdoor fondue parties.
When it comes to choosing the right size, you should think about two things. One is how much fondue you can actually eat in a single sitting, and two is how much space you have to store the fondue pot.
Once you know the answer, choose the size that makes the most sense.
Fondue pots are usually either fuel-powered or electric-powered. Traditionally, most fondue pots use liquid fuels like denatured alcohol, sterno cans, etc. Some small fondue pots even use a simple tea light.
Now, yes, you do need to periodically replace the fuel. However, you can use fuel-powered fondue pots anywhere you want, be it in the comfort of your home or the great outdoors.
Of course, that’s not the same case for electric-powered pots. You need to be in a room with an outlet, and sometimes you even need to use an extension cord. However, temperature control is a breeze, and you don’t ever need to worry about running out of fuel.
How Did Fondue Come About?
Fondue, named after the French word for “melt”, was originally a way for Swiss peasants to turn stale bread and hardened cheese into a warm, satisfying meal.
However, fondue became much more than that as time passed. By the mid-1900s, the dish became known throughout the world, and it has since become a delicacy at ski resorts and fancy restaurants.
How Hot Can Fondue Pots Get?
A good-quality fondue pot can reach 350-400 °F. However, you don’t really need the temperature to get quite so high unless you’re cooking meat. For cheese, chocolate, and even dips, you just need to set your fondue pot to a warming temperature.
How Do You Clean a Fondue Pot?
All you need to clean a fondue pot is some soaking, a little dish soap, and a bit of scrubbing.
Simply scrape as much food debris as possible, then soak your pot in some water with mild dish soap. Then, get out a gentle sponge, get to scrubbing, and that’s basically it!! It shouldn’t take you more than a couple of minutes to have a squeaky-clean pot.
Which Cheeses Should You Use for Fondue?
For fondue, some cheeses are better than others. The key lies in choosing a cheese that’s good at melting without sticking or burning.
So, what type of cheeses fulfill this requirement? First off, you’ve got Gruyere. Gouda is also great, and so is Raclette, Emmentaler, Fontina, and Chällerhocker.
If you’re going for a more affordable cheese, cheddar will work in a pinch.
Mozzarella or Oaxaca cheese isn’t as great an option as most people think. While it’s great as a topping, it’s not quite right for dipping.
How Do You Use a Fondue Pot?
This will depend on what you’re planning to eat.
As for cheese fondue, first add some milk, cream, butter, or dry white wine to your fondue pot. Wait for it to get warm, then throw in your preferred cheese, preferably shredded or cubed. Make sure to only add a handful at a time so that the cheese melts evenly. Trust me, no one enjoys a lumpy fondue.
If you’re in the mood for melted chocolate, buy some chocolate chips or break a chocolate bar into small pieces. Then, simply toss the chocolate into the pot and occasionally stir to prevent it from sticking or burning.
Finally, for cooking meat, first heat up your oil to 375 degrees. You can do it by using the fondue pot itself or speed up the process by using the stove. Anyways, once the oil is hot, drop in your meat cube, wait for it to get brown, and enjoy.
Note: You can replace the oil with broth or wine sauce for a hot-pot-style dinner.
Fondue sets can add so much fun to any evening. Whether you’re in for something sweet or something savory, melting it in your fondue pot will make the experience so much more enjoyable.
Honestly, it doesn’t really matter if you get an electric pot or a simple tea light one. What matters is that you get a fondue pot that suits you and your lifestyle. So, think about what you want your fondue nights to look like, and buy yourself a brand new fondue pot.