This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Last Updated on August 7, 2020
Nothing says loving like Liver in the oven. Wait, what? If you would have told me 5 years ago that I would be eating liver once a week and even better, enjoy it, I would have slapped your face and called you a liar. Ok, maybe I wouldn’t have slapped your face but it is seriously amazing how much my taste buds have changed since I began this diet.
Now, the tricky part of getting your family to eat liver is the flavor. It’s very rich and minerally and that you have to mask unless you get smart and start acclimating your family to the taste of it.
You know that love to tinker in the kitchen and come up with unique Paleo recipes for burgers. Sunday I decided to whip up my a burger creation using chicken liver. I’ve experimented with ways to enjoy organ meats without tasting them in the dish. After many failures I came up with this beef and liver burger recipe that is yummy and somehow reminds me of breakfast sausage.
- 1.25 lbs Ground Beef, I prefer 20% ground beef
- 1/4 lb Chicken livers
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, you can add more if you would like
- 1 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon Poultry Seasoning
- 1/2 medium Red Onion, peeled
- In your food processor add your chicken liver and red onion.
- Pulse until it's a mush.
- Next add in the ground beef and all the spices.
- Pulse the food processor for roughly 1 minute until the mixture is blended.
- It will be slightly sticky so you will want to wet your hands before shaping the patties.
- Shape the mixture into four 4" wide patties.
- Cook/Grill patties until it reaches your desired doneness (is that a word?).
- Enjoy on a lettuce wrap or hamburger bun.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 396Saturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 198mgSodium: 696mgProtein: 29g
© 2011-2012, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.