This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Here’s another installment in my Paleo Meal Planning series. I haven’t included breakfast and lunch. Most of the time my breakfast consists of eggs and bacon and lunch is leftovers or a smoothie. If you’d like me to include a menu for breakfast and lunch leave a comment and if the consensus is “we want them” I’ll include them in next weeks menu .
You could probably tell from last weeks menu that I love crock pot meals. Honestly, I’m all about simple, no fuss meals. Yes, sometimes I get my gourmet on, but more often than not, I want to be done in 30 minutes or less. My menu easily feeds 2 adults and 1 toddler. There will be leftovers which you can eat for lunch, freeze or turn into another dinner. Without further ado here’s this weeks paleo meal planning:
Beef and Liver Burgers with Oven Roasted Sweet Potato Fries.
Orange Wings from the book “[amazon_link id=”B003VRN4V6″ target=”_blank” container=”” container_class=”” ]French Food at Home”[/amazon_link] with buttered carrots.
- 20 chicken wings
- salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp . of olive oil (I use coconut oil)
- 1/2 tsp . cinnamon
- 1 tsp to 2 ground coriander
- 2 shallots
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup of fresh squeezed orange juice
- grated zest of 1 orange
- 1/2 cup of chicken broth
- A handful of chopped fresh cilantro or mint
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Season the wings with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet and brown the wings well on all sides working in batches if necessary.
- Combine the cinnamon and coriander in a backing , then tilt the browned wings into it, tossing to coat.
- Transfer to oven and baked until completely cooked, 15 – 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the remaining tablespoons of oil to the skillet, and sweat the shallots and garlic until softened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with the orange juice, scraping the pan juices.
- Add the zest.
- Pour over the broth and boil rapidly to reduce the sauce consistency, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings.
- Remove the wings from the oven and toss with the sauce, then with the cilantro or mint.
Pulled BBQ Beef using this recipe with Coleslaw – Note: I just add water and a couple of knuckle bones as a replacement for the condensed beef broth. I also make my BBQ sauce. Save the leftover beef for Saturday.
Easy Coconut Chicken with steamed broccoli
Crock pot pork with mashed sweet potatoes and steamed green beans. I cook this longer, on low for 8 -1 0 hours. Save the Pork for Sunday
Make these Coconut Flour crepes and stuff them with the shredded beef you made on Wednesday. Place in a baking pan and cover with your favorite enchilada sauce and bake at 350 for 35 – 40 minutes.
Take the left over pork from Sunday and make Pork and Apple Stew or if you’re feeling lazy throw it with some veggies into a frittata and serve with sweet potato hash browns.