First, I’m just going to put this out there. If you don’t try this chocolate covered cake doughnut recipe then you are missing out. These doughnuts are perfectly sweet and the texture is exactly like the cake donuts I used to wolf down by the dozen during my grain-eating days.
I had been thinking of creating a doughnut recipe for some time but honestly, I was stuck on what pan to buy. Seriously, stuff like that can trip me up for months. Anyhow, a month ago, I was wandering around Marshall’s and found this Wilson Doughnut Pan for $7 and figured, what the heck, I would just buy it and see what happened.
Well magical doughnuts happened, people. They are moist, cakey and baked to perfection in the pan and yes, I know it’s a nonstick pan but wow is all I can say. I definitely can say that this Chocolate Covered Cake Doughnut Recipe is in my top 10 favorite recipes created to date.
Chocolate Covered Cake Doughnut Recipe -Paleo, Gluten-FreePrint
- 1 3 oz Dark Chocolate Candy Bar
- 1 tablespoon Coconut oil
- In your blender or food processor, grind the cashews into a flour.
- Add the cashew flour and dry ingredients and mix well.
- Then add in the applesauce, coconut oil, maple syrup, egg and water and blend until the batter is smooth.
- Grease your mini doughnut pan with the palm shortening.
- Pour the batter into your mini doughnut pan and turn on your oven to 350 degrees and bake for 23 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- In a sauce pan add the candy bar and coconut oil and melt. Mix with a spoon to combine and then take each doughnut and coat one side in the melted chocolate and let cool on a rack.
© 2011-2013, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website