January 27, 2014   By Kelly Bejelly

paleo pepperoni pizza tots

The Seahawks, even though I admit that I call them the Sea Chickens, are going to the  Super Bowl and considering they are the closest I have to a home football team, I’m rooting for them to win the game.  What’s a Super Bowl without pizza? I thought it would be fun to create a paleo pepperoni pizza tater tot version.   These are made with cauliflower so they’re low carb and dairy-free. but most importantly, they are delicious.

You can serve them with your favorite marinara sauce and you have a great snack for the game. I think I ate 5 before I was ready to burst.

Also, did you catch my first newsletter for my Cookbook?

If not, check out why I’ve been having dreams about woodland creatures.

paleo pepperoni pizza tots

paleo pepperoni pizza tots

Pepperoni Pizza Tots

Total Time: 1 hour
Calories: 77 kcal

• 6 cups water
  • 2 lb cauliflower remove leaves and cut into florets
  • 1 Tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1/3 cup coconut flour
  • 2 large eggs
  • 8 slices Applegate Pepperoni diced

1. Place the water in a large pan and bring to a boil, add the cauliflower and let cook for 4 minutes.
  2. Drain and let cool completely. Finely dice the cauliflower. Please note: You do NOT want to use your food processor because it will make a puree which won't work for this recipe.
  3. Add the diced cauliflower, coconut flour, the spices, and pepperoni to a large bowl and mix.
  4. Finally add the eggs and mix until well blended
  5. Scoop out a large spoonful and shape into tots. Place on a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
  6. Place in your oven at 350 degrees for 45 -50 minutes and serve with a marinara sauce. Your final product should be more golden than the photo, so don't worry if they are more browned - it just makes them taste better in my opinion.
Nutrition Facts
Sugars 2g
Protein 4g 8%
Vitamin A 1.4%
Vitamin C 66.3%
Calcium 4.7%
Iron 5.9%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.

© 2011-2014, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.

• wendy
    January 27, 2014 at 3:07 pm

What is the texture on this? It looks interesting but afraid it would be mushy?

• January 27, 2014 at 4:13 pm

No, not mushy at all. You are only boiling the cauliflower for 4 minutes and then you bake it so it’s dried out. The texture really similar to a tater tot, lol.

• Anita
    January 27, 2014 at 7:53 pm

Do you mix the coconut flour in with the egg and spices in step 3?

• January 28, 2014 at 9:27 am

Ops, actually, I mix the coconut flour and spices and then the egg. Just updated it!

• January 28, 2014 at 4:18 am

Oh wow this looks lovely! I am sooo tempted to make it tonight as a side dish, but I can’t decide what to make with it… 🙂

• Linda Lee
    January 28, 2014 at 9:15 am

I am 67 and just discovering that PALEO lifestyle may help a LOT with my autoimmune diseases. So am trying to find things also that my granddaughters will like and I can share with them. GLAD to have found your page/blog.

• January 28, 2014 at 9:26 am

I wish you much success on the diet Linda! I also hope you enjoy this dish!

• January 28, 2014 at 6:14 pm

Hey, girl, these sound fantastic! MUST give them a try! And so easy! 🙂

• January 29, 2014 at 4:32 pm

In the oven now! Hoping it tastes like a tator tot to go with the kids’ chicken! 🙂 They have been complaining about the new cooking lately so hoping for a winner!! Thanks!

• January 30, 2014 at 10:27 am

These look delicious – I love pizza flavors in just about everything! Super clever idea to combine pepperoni pizza and tater tots!

• Kaycee
    January 31, 2014 at 10:44 am

I just love your site! It is beautiful and your pics are lovely! I am trying this but I thought of doing spinach artichoke along with pepperoni!! Also, I have tried many of your recipes, including the pretzel one, and they all come out great!! Thanks!

• Amy
    February 18, 2014 at 10:53 am

Do you think I could sub a flax egg for the egg?

• Matt
    April 7, 2014 at 4:49 am

Hi Kelly, great recipe! Do you think they would be ok to freeze?

• April 7, 2014 at 9:00 am

Hi Matt! I have never frozen this but taking into account the finished texture, I think it would freeze well.

• May 4, 2014 at 9:44 am

Love this idea! I’ve made cauliflower tots before but hadn’t thought about seasoning them for “pizza bites” … may have to try this for the kidlets; lunches!

• May 4, 2014 at 10:02 am

They turned out super yummy Rachel. Even my cauliflower hating husband loves them! I hope your kids do also 🙂

• Nancy B.
    May 11, 2014 at 10:10 am

These are SOOOO good! These tater tots and the strawberry mousse are our two favorite dishes ever! I thought I had AIP figured out but you open it to a new realm. Your recipes are so imaginative and so rewarding! Thank you thank you.