The Seahawks, even though I admit that I call them the Sea Chickens, are going to the Super Bowl and considering they are the closest I have to a home football team, I’m rooting for them to win the game. What’s a Super Bowl without pizza? I thought it would be fun to create a paleo pepperoni pizza tater tot version. These are made with cauliflower so they’re low carb and dairy-free. but most importantly, they are delicious.
You can serve them with your favorite marinara sauce and you have a great snack for the game. I think I ate 5 before I was ready to burst.
Also, did you catch my first newsletter for my Cookbook?
If not, check out why I’ve been having dreams about woodland creatures.
- 6 cups water
- 2 lb cauliflower, remove leaves and cut into florets
- 1 Tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2 large eggs
- 8 slices Applegate Pepperoni, diced
- Place the water in a large pan and bring to a boil, add the cauliflower and let cook for 4 minutes.
- Drain and let cool completely. Finely dice the cauliflower. Please note: You do NOT want to use your food processor because it will make a puree which won't work for this recipe.
- Add the diced cauliflower, coconut flour, the spices, and pepperoni to a large bowl and mix.
- Finally add the eggs and mix until well blended
- Scoop out a large spoonful and shape into tots. Place on a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Place in your oven at 350 degrees for 45 -50 minutes and serve with a marinara sauce. Your final product should be more golden than the photo, so don't worry if they are more browned - it just makes them taste better in my opinion.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: g
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 77Saturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 250mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g
© 2011-2014, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.