February 3, 2014   By Kelly Bejelly

strawberry mousse

I was seriously tempted to call this million dollar strawberry mousse because I used one of my son’s favorite expensive as heck treats to make it.  This is the perfect decadent sweet for Valentine’s Day or any time you want to splurge and spoil yourself.

I’ve been busy as a bee over here cooking and seriously just putting my foot into the recipes that are going to be in my book.   I’ve also joined together with my friend Liz from Paleo on a Budget and we’re going to be sharing some tips and tricks on how to go Paleo on a budget in a Free Google Hangout on Air.   Sign up and watch! You can ask questions during the 30 minute hang out also.

Anyhow, back to this tasty strawberry mousse.  It’s also packed full of delicious healthy fats and vegan! I hope you enjoy it!

Nutrient rich, vegan and Paleo Strawberry Mousse - A Girl Worth Saving

Strawberry Mousse

Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes

1. Place all the ingredients in your food processor and blend until smooth. Chill for 1 hour and enjoy!

© 2011-2014, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.

• February 3, 2014 at 1:36 pm

This looks yummy & fresh for spring! I’ll definitely have to try this out soon!

xo, Angel

• February 4, 2014 at 6:22 am

it looks yummy!

• February 4, 2014 at 12:44 pm

Sounds yummy. I do have one question. Is there a purpose to using dehydrated and fresh strawberries? Can you use all of one or the other?

• February 4, 2014 at 2:31 pm

The dehyrated strawberries give it a very strong strawberry flavor and don’t add more “water” to the recipe.

• February 5, 2014 at 9:11 am

this yummy recipe is yet another reason why we absolutely LOVE your site! =)

• February 6, 2014 at 7:19 pm

I adore the freeze-dried fruits (especially peaches) but they are incredibly expensive. This looks like a good use to me.

• February 6, 2014 at 10:21 pm

Seriously So Pricey and my son will eat a bag in 30 seconds. No joke. It really packs a punch of flavor in this recipe.

• April
    February 12, 2014 at 7:00 pm

Is there something I can substitute for the coconut oil? I too sensitive but I really want this!

• February 12, 2014 at 7:09 pm

These look so cute and adorable… oh… and yum! We’ve just added it to our list ‘the best paleo valentines day recipes!’ thanks so much for sharing and we can’t wait to try them out! e +c

• Nancy B.
    February 14, 2014 at 4:01 pm

OMG! This recipe is to die for! I’m on a restricted subset of AIP and thought desserts were a thing of the past. This was soooooo good, I got out the VitaMix wrench to take it apart to I could “lick the beaters”. So yummy.

• February 14, 2014 at 4:47 pm

Yeah! I’m so happy you enjoyed it hun 🙂

• February 15, 2014 at 3:32 am

I just made this and it was delicious! I wasn’t sure how the melted coconut oil would fit in but it made the mousse so smooth and creamy. Trying not to eat it all in one go!

• February 18, 2014 at 11:18 am

Have to ask, where did you get those adorable ramekins? They match my “fancy china” to a tee and I would love to pick some up!

Thanks in advance!
    Kasey

• Nancy B.
    April 24, 2014 at 2:25 pm

This continues to be one of our faves. I just discovered that, after chilling it, popping it in the freezer for half hour makes it even better!

• April 25, 2014 at 7:27 am

Yum! I’m going to try that the next time I made it Nancy 🙂

• Tasha
    August 4, 2014 at 3:59 pm

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for sharing your recipe! I’ve never used avocado in a sweet treat before. Was wondering if the end product starts to turn a little brown after a day or two from the avocado? Thanks!

• August 4, 2014 at 6:18 pm

Nope, there was no color change although this only lasts two days in our house.

• Paleo Moxie
    January 7, 2015 at 1:11 am

This is amazing and so easy!!!

• Valerie
    June 8, 2015 at 1:24 pm

This is one of my new favorite recipes to satisfy my husband’s sweet tooth occasionally while on AIP. It’s delicious and easy. Trader Joes also has dried blueberries and raspberries so I may try it with one of those berries just to mix it up next time.

• Kristen
    July 25, 2015 at 3:42 pm

Oh. My. Gosh. This is SO good! Just made it and am having a really hard time putting it in the fridge to set up- I want to put it all in my face right now!!! Btw, Amazon has a decent price on a 4oz bag… Makes it a bit more do-able, financially speaking. THANK YOU for an awesome AIP sweet treat. I will add some Great Lakes collagen next time to make it seem even “healthier” 🙂

• August 2, 2015 at 6:06 pm

So glad you enjoyed it and collagen is a great addition 🙂

• laura babai
    September 14, 2016 at 10:53 pm

sounds wonderful, where I live i never saw dried strawberries, What could I use instead, , maybe dried or frozen blueberries? or another dried fruit
    ?

• Anne
    December 7, 2016 at 9:40 pm

I would love to try this recipe. But . . . . I’m allergic to bananas! I can’t think of any possible substitutes, especially for that much volume.
    Anyone have an idea??
    Thanks,
    Anne

• April 21, 2017 at 1:32 pm

This was absolutely heavenly! SO much strawberry flavor with just the right amount of sweetness! Wonderful recipe that I’ll be making again for sure!

• mich
    March 28, 2018 at 1:22 pm

thanks for this, it’s exactly what I was looking for. I can’t wait to try it using my recently purchases (and yes, super expensive) freeze dried strawberries. does it really need the coconut oil or can I skip it? not really keen on substituting with butter either.