It was 95 degrees on Tuesday and all I could do to stay sane was float in the pool all day and eat a truck load of Paleo Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream.
We don’t heat our pool so it’s ice cold but when the temp breaks 80 degrees, it’s heaven on earth.
The ice cream only made it a million times more bearable and I have been seriously digging how amazing avocado is in ice cream recipes (yes you will see more this week). The avocado gives it a light green color that screams mint and no, you can not taste it in the recipe.
It’s funny how I forget that for my son, recipes like this are brand new sparkly gems of sweets and for me, it’s a return to summers past where my brother, sisters and I would sit out in the hot Florida sun and wonder how to convince our mother to give us another scoop.
What ice cream flavors would you like to have me recreate? Share in a comment below.
- 13.5 oz Canned Full Coconut Milk
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup B grade maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon peppermint oil
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- In a blender add the coconut milk, avocado, maple syrup and peppermint oil and blend until smooth, roughly 1 minute.
- Add in the chocolate chip and pour into your ice cream maker and let churn until firm, roughly 20 minutes.
- Eat immediately or place in a covered jar and set in the fridge to firm up for an hour before serving.
© 2011-2014, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.