This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Last Updated on December 6, 2020
Mayo + Bacon fat = Baconaisse aka the most flavorful mayo on earth.
This was a first for me and again, I had to ask myself why on earth I had not made this yet.
This recipe is one of the gems that you will find in the book Paleo By Season by Peter Servold. Peter is the mastermind and cook behind Pete’s Paleo recipes broken up by season and that breaks down so amazing cooking tips from a chef. You will not only fill your stomach with delicious recipes like Carrot Lemongrass Soup, Cherry Braised Lamb Shoulder, Pork Belly (to name a few) but learn how to butcher a chicken and filet a fish.
I also really love the large CSA directory where you can find local produce, seafood and grass-fed meats and support your local farmer.
This book is the perfect addition to your Paleo cookbook library and you should buy Paleo By Season today!
One lucky reader has the change to win a copy of Paleo By Season! Enter below via the Rafflecopter.
Baconnaise + Paleo By Season
- 1/2 cup Bacon fat, in liquid form at room temperature
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 large whole egg
- 3/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Combine the bacon fat and oil in a one measuring cup and set aside.
- In a small metal bowl, use an immersion blender to blend (or whisk by hand) the egg yolks and whole egg until the mixture becomes milky white and frothy.
- When you see it change dramatically in color and texture, continue to mix a little longer. (this last bit of whisking is for added insurance, as it's at this stage that it's easy to stop blending too soon, and if the eggs are beaten enough, they cannot support the fat and emulsify into mayo.)
- Once the eggs are the desired consistency, begin to slowly add in the oil mixture.
- Continue to mix until all the oil is added, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and vinegar, and add more to taste as desired.
Bacon Mayo! OMG!
Would love to win a copy of ” Paleo by Seasons” I will be trying this baconaisse !!
WHOA! This sounds sinfully good!
Looks like the jar of bacon fat in my fridge will be used in a new way soon– the mayo sounds great. Would love to win this book!
Love that this cookbook is organized by season! So convenient!
I’m in love!
I tried to make baconnaise before and it was a total disaster, so I am super excited to try this version!
Thanks for such an awesome giveaway!
Ooo i know what i am going to try this weekend
I’ve made the baconaise from Nom Nom Paleo’s cookbook and it was amazing so I’m sure this is as well!
Oo I would love this cookbook! I’ve been trying to make recipes using seasonal ingredients.
would love to win this cook book as I am helping my daughter change her diet since she has really bad eczema on her hands.
I would love to win a copy of Paleo by Season. I love all of my paleo cookbooks so much and actually use them!
So funny you are giving this away – I JUST picked this up at the bookstore yesterday, but decided I had to wait until payday to get it. I’ve just recently ‘gone Paleo” and I need all the help I can get.
I also just found your site – hope you don’t mind my stalking for a while…. 🙂
Bacon mayo where have you been all my life?
Everything is better with bacon!