This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
So, Mr. Bejelly has this thing with too much spice. Even my beloved Indian Food walks the line of tolerable for him so I never know if any recipe with more than two spices is going to fly.
He tore this Simple Jerk Chicken up (almost as quickly as he had with my keto sweet and sour chicken recipe). Seriously, I went from wandering what we were going to do with leftovers to hoping I would get enough to eat.
It’s made with 7 spices like cinnamon, cumin, cloves and more.
- 1 Teaspoon allspice
- 1 Tablespoon coconut sugar (Sub Swerve if Keto or remove if Whole30)
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 Teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 Teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 lbs boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- Place your skillet or grill on your stove top and pre-heat. Combine all the spices on a bowl and mix well with a spoon.
- Rub the spice all over the chicken breasts with your hands.
- Place the chicken breast on a the skillet or grill and cook for roughly 4 to 5 minutes on each side, until the outside is very dark brown.
- Remove from the stove and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 233Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 614mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 35g