So, Mr. Bejelly has this thing with too much spice. Even my beloved Indian Food walks the line of tolerable for him so I never know if any recipe with more than two spices is going to fly.
He tore this Simple Jerk Chicken up. Seriously, I went from wandering what we were going to do with leftovers to hoping I would get enough to eat.
It’s made with 7 spices like cinnamon, cumin, cloves and more.
- 1 Teaspoon allspice
- 1 Tablespoon coconut sugar (Sub Swerve if Keto)
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 Teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 Teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 lbs boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- Place your skillet or grill on your stove top and pre-heat. Combine all the spices on a bowl and mix well with a spoon.
- Rub the spice all over the chicken breasts with your hands.
- Place the chicken breast on a the skillet or grill and cook for roughly 4 to 5 minutes on each side, until the outside is very dark brown.
- Remove from the stove and serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 233Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 614mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 35g