So, yeah, I’ve said it before but my husband has to remind me to eat veggies. Like, every week, it’s like “Kelly, did you eat vegetables this week?” Sad, I know and as I get older I realize how important eating a variety of vegetables is for your health. So, it was kinda kismet when Dr. Cowan contacted me to send me some of their amazing vegetable flours. The first thing I noticed when I opened my package was the black Miron jars which are engineered to protect the sensitive substances inside from the aging wavelengths of light, so the powders stay vital and nutritionally powerful for several years. I love that all of the vegetables are harvested at peak flavor and quality and dehydrated on low heat, around 120 degrees. This helps preserve the vitamins and minerals in the product.
From Dr. Cowan:
Why vegetable powders? Vegetable diversity — as many as 10 to 12 vegetables a day — is key to optimal health because of vegetables’ potent nutrients. For most people, growing, shopping for and cooking that many vegetables is difficult, if not impossible. Our vegetable powders make it easy and fun to add vegetable diversity to any diet.
How do you use them? Our powders are meant to be used in cooking; add to any foods you like, from soups and stews to eggs, rice, casseroles and roasted vegetables.
Characteristics of our Kale Powder
- Grown organically and harvested at peak quality
- Cooked before dehydration to help neutralize anti-nutrients, improve flavor and break down cellulose for better bio-availability
- Dehydrated on low heat
- Stored in Miron jars and available in refill pouches
If you struggle to get in 8 to 10 servings of vegetables today you will love Dr. Cowen’s Vegetable flours. Learn more here and grab some today.
Keto Kale Tator TotsPrint
- Place the water in a large pan and bring to a boil, add the cauliflower and let cook for 4 minutes.
- Drain and let cool completely. Finely dice the cauliflower. Please note: You do NOT want to use your food processor because it will make a puree which won't work for this recipe.
Add the diced cauliflower, coconut flour, the spices, and kale powder to a large bowl and mix.
- Finally add the eggs and mix until well blended
- Scoop out a large spoonful and shape into tots. Place on a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
Place in your oven at 350 degrees for 55 -60 minutes and serve with a hot sauce. Your final product should be more golden than the photo, so don't worry if they are more browned - it just makes them taste better in my opinion.