This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Last Updated on December 28, 2020
Celery is definitely one of the healthiest foods you can eat, and it has a number of benefits for your body, but not everyone has the time or effort to always add it to their diet. And that’s where a juicer for celery comes in handy, making it easy to digest all of its nutrients quickly.
If you’re looking for the best juicer for celery, check out this list that I’ve cooked up, especially for all you celery enthusiasts out there.
Quick Line Up: Full Reviews Below
Choosing a Juicer for Celery
When you’re shopping for the best celery juicers, there are a couple of important factors that you should pay close attention to. To get the maximum amount of juice without any reduction in nutritional value, you have to consider the following:
Centrifugal vs. Masticating Juicers
In terms of retaining nutrients, slow-juicing does the best job because it’s more efficient when it comes to reducing heat and, consequently, minimizing oxidation, which retains more nutrients.
This is why a slow masticating juicer is better for juicing celery as it works at a slower pace and is colder, which allows it to extract every last bit of juice and cold-press the celery. Not to mention, it runs a lot quieter thanks to its slow operation.
However, that doesn’t mean a centrifugal juicer isn’t handy like a masticating juicer; it’s the option you’d want to opt for if you want a faster operation, and it still produces healthy celery juice.
Horizontal vs. Vertical Juicers
Celery is known for its stringy fibers and the messy, tangled pulp it produces when juiced, so you’d want something that’s easy to clean. In terms of cleaning, horizontal juicers are a lot more convenient than vertical ones.
This is mainly due to the fact that vertical juicers come with small pulp outlets that are prone to clog due to the pulp they collect.
Twin Gear Juicers
An excellent way to juice celery efficiently would be to opt for a twin gear juicer. Twin gears are the ones that are equipped with two long gears with opposing rotations. This mechanism relies on slow operation to break down the celery into tiny pieces, which then get pressed against a screen to supply you with all the juice you can get.
I’d highly recommend twin gear juicers for what precision they have to offer in terms of extracting all the value you can get from drinking celery juice. However, you have to keep in mind that twin gear options come at a much higher price tag than other options. As a matter of fact, they can cost up to three times more than a masticating juicer! But it’s an investment that’s definitely worth it.
What Makes Celery Juice Nutritious?
A single cup of celery juice contains no more than five grams of carbs and practically no fat. It’s an excellent way to quench your thirst, but it’s not one bit like drinking water. Celery also contains high amounts of vitamin C, vitamin K, and vitamin A, as well as plenty of minerals like natural sodium, iron, and magnesium.
Why Opt for Celery Juice?
Eating raw celery isn’t the best way to gain its nutritional value because the amount you can consume in juice definitely beats eating it raw. So, juicing it will also help you benefit from the maximum amount of nutrients.
How Much Celery is Needed for Juice?
This depends on the size of your juicer, but as a general rule, a celery bunch would yield around 16 ounces of juice, which is an adequately high yield. To get the maximum health benefits from your celery juice, it’s advised to get those 16 ounces on a daily basis.
How to Make Celery Juice Taste Better?
There are plenty of ways and recipes that experts and doctors recommend to make your celery juice more palatable. One of those includes adding an apple or a cucumber to the juice. Another is to add some citrus to eliminate some of the bitterness.
Still, you can get creative with all kinds of vegetables, fruits, or herbs. However, it’s advised to consume the celery juice without any other addition to enjoy all the benefits to the fullest.
The 5 Best Juicers for Celery in 2020
Now, let’s delve into the details of each of the juicers to weigh the pros and cons.
- INDUSTRY LEADING: 15-YEAR coverage on parts and performance
- ENDORSED BY THE MEDICAL MEDIUM: “Everyone always asks me what juicer I use — and this is it… It’s the best juicer I’ve seen on the market… There’s not another juicer on the market that can extract the juice out of celery like this one does…” Anthony William, The Medical Medium
- COLD PRESS SLOW JUICE FOR AN IMMUNITY BOOST: The 80 RPM low speed, dual stage masticating juicing produces minimal heat buildup and oxidation for juice that extracts maximum immunity boosting and health enhancing nutrients, vitamins and enzymes
- SPECIAL CELERY ADJUSTABLE END CAP WITH GREEN INSERT: Your juicer comes with a special adjustable end cap that is to be every time you juice your celery – it is NOT meant to juice any other fruit or vegetable. The green insert squeezes every bit of juice out of your celery so you get more juice in every batch
- FRUIT & VEGETABLE END CAP: The second adjustable end cap you receive is for juicing all other fruits and vegetables
The Omega MM900HDS is a 2 HP horizontal masticating juicer. What makes it one of the best juicers for celery is that it’s perfect for providing a high juice yield that is full of nutrients, as the slow juicing process helps in retaining the nutrients and minimizing oxidation.
Adding to the quality of your celery juice extract, there are two end caps: the standard one to use for your fruits and vegetables and a tight end cap that is designed to increase the efficiency of the celery juice extraction from celery stalks.
Moreover, it’s easy to clean as all of its detachable parts can be inserted in the top rack of the dishwasher.
However, the horizontal chute is a little narrow. This means that the prepping time will increase as you will need to cut down fruits and vegetables into smaller pieces. Thankfully, for celery stalk, it won’t be a huge problem as long as you insert the narrow end first into the chute of this celery juicer.
- Quiet and smooth operation
- Optimized for juicing celery
- Maximum nutrient retention by the slow RPM motor
- Continuous juicing by external pulp ejection
- Suitable for juicing leafy greens, citruses, and dense produce
- The celery end cap makes for better juice extraction
- You will have to chop your produce into smaller pieces because of the narrow chute
- Juice extraction time is slower than a centrifugal juicer
The AICOK AMR-521 is also a horizontal masticating juicer, which is why it’s great for celery as masticating juicers are perfect for extracting a higher quality celery juice, preserving most of its nutrients.
The slow RPM of this juicer helps in limiting oxidation, retaining nutrients, and increasing the shelf life of the juice to about three days.
Unfortunately, the AICOK juicer doesn’t have additional food processing functions. However, the reverse function is a great addition. It is very handy when you get the chamber overloaded, giving the juicer more time to extract the juice from your celery before adding more.
Also, it is easily cleaned in the dishwasher, as its detachable parts are dishwasher safe. You might find the strainer a bit more challenging to clean, as its tiny holes accumulate residue and pulp. However, using the complimentary brush should solve this issue.
- Quiet and smooth operation
- Juice has 72 hours shelf life
- BPA free material in the detachable components
- Able to juice dense vegetables, fruits, leafy greens, and citruses
- A reverse button for when the chamber gets overloaded
- Acrylic auger is made from BPA free material
- Slow juicer is able to retain more nutrients
- The juicing time is extended compared to high-speed juice extractors
- Requires cutting vegetables and fruits into smaller pieces, extending your prep time
- MAKE FRESH HEALTHY JUICE IN SECONDS: Transform whole fruits and vegetables into nutritious juice in seconds with this fruit and vegetable juicer. The stainless steel micromesh filter strains away pulp and seeds for smooth, nutritious juice every time.
- SAVE TIME & EFFORT: The extra-large 3 inch Big Mouth chute on the fruit juicer lets you easily add whole foods without precutting. This reduces prep time to save time and effort in the kitchen.
- MAXIMUM JUICE YIELD: Juice everything from dense beets to leafy greens. The powerful 800 watt motor and stainless steel strainer on the juice extractor ensure maximum juice yield, less waste and more flavor. The simple on/off dial is easy to use.
- EASY TO CLEAN: Cleaning up after you juice is easy. Cleaning up after you juice is easy. The juice machine comes with a convenient strainer cleaning brush, and the pulp bin, juice bowl, lid and pusher are all dishwasher safe.
- BACKED BY 3 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY: The durable juice extractor is backed by Hamilton Beach, America's #1 juice extractor brand,* with a 3 year limited warranty.
The Hamilton Beach Premium juicer is a high-speed juice extractor with a 1.1 HP motor, and it’s one of the best juicers for celery. It also works with hard produce, citrus fruits, and soft fruits.
Moreover, it comes with an easy sweep cleaning tool to make cleaning parts that might need extra care easier. The rest is easily done with the dishwasher, as its parts are dishwasher safe.
However, unlike slow masticating juicers, the high-speed ones tend to expose the juice to oxygen and heat.
Although the shelf life of the juice will suffer because of the oxidation, going down to around 24 hours of shelf life, as long as you drink the juice right after making it, you should get all the nutrients you need.
This trade-off between speed and shelf life might be best for those who want to have celery juice that preserves most of its nutrients for breakfast or for rapid consumption. This is a massive advantage for high-speed juicers over masticating ones.
- The price is reasonable
- Two-speed setting
- Easy sweep cleaning tool
- Wide chute
- Continuous juicing by external pulp collection
- Spill and froth free juice collector
- A short 24-hour shelf life
- Not suitable for heavy use
- The Breville Juice Fountain Compact may be small but it is packed with power; It features a 3 inch wide chute allowing you to juice whole fruits and vegetables and conveniently collects pulp within the footprint of the unit to conserve counter space
- Unique Extraction System: The compact centrifugal juicers titanium reinforced disc and Italian-made micro mesh filter basket are made out of stainless steel and together are designed for optimum juice and nutrient extraction
- Short Prep Time: The Breville juicer machines unique 3 inch extra wide chute feed allows you to juice whole fruits and vegetables without pre-cutting
- Built-in Froth Separator: Certain fruits or vegetables create froth when juiced; The juice jug features an integrated froth separator to pour more juice, less froth into the glass
- Compact Design & Convenient Storage: The Juice Fountains compact design makes it suitable to store in small spaces and the power cord wraps around under the base making storage neat and simple
The Breville BJE200XL is a juice fountain compact juicer. This type is relatively easier to use than masticating or triturating juicers.
It comes with a wide 3-inch feeding tube so you can insert more ingredients like celery stalk, which makes the juicing process faster and easier.
However, the fast juicing process increases the oxygen exposure, which means a shorter shelf life for the juice extract. Of course, if you intend to drink the juice right after making it, you will get all the nutrients out of your juice.
Most of the juicer’s parts are dishwasher safe, with a complimentary cleaning brush to reach the tighter parts of the juicer with ease.
This juicer is great for extracting juice from dense fruits, vegetables, and citruses. Although you still can get a lot out of it, the juicer isn’t that efficient when it comes to processing leafy greens. Also, you can risk damaging it if you try making soy or almond milk.
- Budget-friendly juicer
- The feeding chute is 3 inches wide, making the prep time much shorter
- Parts are easily cleaned in a dishwasher
- You don’t need a tamper to push the ingredients down the chute
- Only suitable for hard vegetables and fruits because of the one-speed setting
- You’ll have to remove the collected pulp in the internal filter basket when it gets full
- During the juicing process, the upward-facing chute may spew out ingredients
- Why The Mueller Ultra Juicer – Under it's sleek modern stainless-steel design and low counter-top footprint, it packs the punch of much larger, bulkier and more expensive juicers in a fraction of the size and cost. You will be able to create a 16 oz cup of juice in seconds with less clogging and less foaming.
- Dual-speed Versatility - "1" low speed runs from 12000 to 15000 RPM for softer fruits like oranges, tomatoes and others; "2" fast speed runs from 15000 to 18000 RPM for harder fruits like carrots, celery, beets, kale and many others.
- Clean-ups Are A Snap - Culinary grade stainless-steel cutting disc is surrounded by an Italian made micro mesh filter to extract more juice, vitamins and minerals all while being easy to clean and assemble in seconds.
- Extra Large 3” Feed Chute - A safety locking arm makes sure the cover stays on tight while operating. The overload protection system shuts off the juicer if the motor were to overheat from an unstable power supply, improper assembly, idle run, etc.
- European Engineered – Designed with an anti-drip function extra large 3” feed chute which avoids spillage. Buy with confidence and juice happily ever after.
What this centrifugal juicer really stands out for is having an extremely budget-friendly price tag as it is one of the lowest-priced juicers on the market. In addition to being budget-friendly, this juicer is also fast. This combination makes it perfect for celery juice extraction, as it serves its main purpose in a cost-effective and rapid manner.
This Mueller juicer can process hard fruits and vegetables, in addition to citrus fruits. It isn’t recommended, however, to try producing soy with it as its motor isn’t the most powerful.
Moreover, it is a small juicer that won’t take much space in your kitchen, and it is easily washed in the dishwasher as the detachable parts are dishwasher-friendly.
However, the Mueller might not be the best juicer for celery juice in terms of nutrients preservation or additional features and functions.
- Easily washed with dishwasher safe detachable parts
- Easy to use and suitable for beginners, with just a one-speed setting
- You can prepare large quantities of juice using the external pulp collection system
- Small footprint and easy to store and move around in the kitchen
- Doesn’t retain the most nutrients because it is a fast juicer
- The juice extracted has a short shelf life of 24 hours
- Only suitable for hard vegetables and fruits
- Increased prep time because the chute is too narrow
Now that we’re done with the review, I hope you’ve found what you were looking for or at least narrowed down your choices to find the best juicer for celery that suits you the most.
When considering all factors of celery juicers, the Omega MM900HDS seems like a clear winner with what motor power it has to offer. Additionally, it’s a slow, horizontal masticating juicer, and it comes with two end caps. Not only that, but it’s also easy to clean and produces juice with a 72-hour shelf life.