This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Last Updated on January 11, 2023
One of life’s many joys I love is preparing breakfast and enjoying the wafting smell of gluten free pancakes and eggs coming from my kitchen. But dealing with many pots and pans at once can be a tall order, especially if I’m preparing food for a large group. That’s why I’ve come to a conclusion; I need a griddle!
Flat top Griddles make preparing breakfasts a breeze, as you can use them to cook many foods at once. Not to mention, their ideal heat distribution cuts your cooking time by a mile. They’re also a much-needed companion for outdoor campers who don’t want to settle for canned food.
I tried six different griddles, both electric and stovetop, and reviewed them. So, if you’re currently looking for a griddle to buy, keep on scrolling, and I’ll help you come to a final decision!
The Best Griddles at a Glance
- Presto Tilt-N-Fold Electric Griddle – Best Overall
- Zojirushi Gourmet Sizzler Electric Griddle – Runner Up
- Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Nonstick Stovetop Griddle – Best Stovetop Griddle
- Lodge Cast Iron Reversible Stovetop Griddle – Best Two-in-One
- GE Heavy-Duty Cast Iron Stovetop Griddle – Best Heat Distribution
- Wolf Gourmet Precision Electric Griddle – Most Luxurious
The 6 Best Griddles in 2023: Detailed & Honest Reviews!
The abundance of griddles on the market can make your purchasing choice challenging, but I’m here to help. Here are my reviews of the best griddles in 2023.
1. Presto Tilt-N-Fold Electric Griddle – Best Overall
- Great for every meal: breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Easily adjusts from a level cooking surface for eggs and pancakes to a tilted surface for meats
- Legs fold in and drip tray locks in place for easy, compact storage. Heavy cast aluminum base with large 254-square-inch cooking surface
- Premium nonstick surface ensures stick-free cooking and easy cleaning. Control Master heat control automatically maintains the desired cooking temperature
- Slide-out drip tray empties easily. Easy to clean. Fully immersible with the heat control removed
- Tilt to drain. Flip down the levers to tilt the grilling surface when cooking meats. Fold to store. Fits in most standard 18-inch kitchen cabinets
The Presto Tilt-N-Fold Electric Griddle checks all boxes as an efficient and valuable griddle for your kitchen. It’s the best electric griddle I’ve tried. It boasts an adjustable cooking surface that you can leave flat or tilt to drain grease. It also comes with a slide-out drip tray that catches all oil and food droppings.
The electric griddle comes with a heavy-cast aluminum base and a heat control dial that you can use to adjust the cooking temperature. Also, the griddle’s cooking surface area is 15 inches x 21.75 inches, leaving you with enough space for cooking meat, fried eggs, fluffy pancakes, and more.
My favorite part about it is its nonstick surface, which makes for better-looking food and easier cleaning. But the part you’ll love most is its foldability. When not in use, it’ll only take up a little space in your kitchen, as you can fold and store it in any 18-inch cabinet.
- Tiltable cooking surface
- Nonstick surface, removable drip tray, and heavy-cast aluminum surface
- Cool spots around the edges
Presto’s Tilt-N-Fold griddle is the best on the market with its foldability, heat control, and ease of use and cleaning. Consider it if you don’t mind the spots around the edges that don’t heat up enough.
2. Zojirushi Gourmet Sizzler Electric Griddle – Runner-Up
- Electric griddle with large cooking surface (19" x 12.5")
- Variable heat settings from Keep Warm (176 ) to 425. Easy-to-use temperature control plug clicks when inserted correctly
- Durable and easy-to-clean ceramic cooking surface with titanium enhanced nonstick coating
- Fully immersible body guard and cooking plate
- Convenient lid for speedy cooking
The Zojirushi Gourmet Sizzler Electric Griddle comes a close second on my list, and I would’ve put it first hadn’t it been for Presto’s slide-out drip tray. It’s a favorite of mine because of its ease of use and cleaning. I can cook the most greasy meal on it, and it’ll only take me two minutes to clean.
The electric griddle comes with 19-inch x 12.5-inch dimensions, giving you more than enough space for cooking pancakes, eggs, grilled cheese sandwiches, and more. It comes with a temperature control dial you can use to adjust the temperature, and it has a nonstick coating to prevent sticking at even the highest temperature.
Best of all, it comes with a lid that speeds up the cooking process and results in softer food. The only catch here is the griddle’s price, which might be too expensive for people on a limited budget.
- Easy to use and clean
- Ideal heat distribution and temperature control
- Comes with a convenient lid and a nonstick cooking surface
- No oil drain; it could’ve used a drip tray
If you don’t mind denting your wallet for an electric griddle that gives you a large cooking surface, perfect heat distribution, and cleans in no time, get the Zojirushi electric griddle.
3. Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Nonstick Stovetop Griddle – Best Stovetop Griddle
- EXCEPTIONAL DESIGN: Enjoy professional performance with Hard Anodized Exterior, Unsurpassed Heat Distribution and Quantanium Non-Stick for Professional Results
- PREMIUM COOKING: drip-free pouring, sloped sides of skillet maximizes cooking surface. Oven safe up to 500-Degrees F. Enjoy cooking both eggs and bacon on this double burner griddle
- EXCEPTIONAL HANDLING: cool grip handles are solid stainless steel riveted handles that stay cool on the stove top and provide a safe a solid grip
- CLEAN UP: easy clean up with hot soapy water and a non abrasive scrub pad
- LIFETIME WARRANTY: Refer to user manual for troubleshooting steps and questions surrounding warranty policies – this product is BPA free
Although electric griddles are more practical, stovetop griddles have their charm. My favorite one is the Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Nonstick, and I’ll tell you why.
It boasts unsurpassed heat distribution that’ll give you evenly cooked meals even if you cook outdoors on a campfire. Also, it has a simple and sleek design that includes stainless steel handles for ease of use and a solid grip.
You can push it in the oven up to 500 degrees, and its flat cooking surface is large enough to accommodate many foods at once. Thanks to its nonstick surface, cleaning this griddle can’t get any easier with some water and soap. But although it’s scratch-resistant, it’s better to use a non-abrasive sponge with it.
The stovetop griddle is made from hard-anodized aluminum to give you a solid cooking performance. If you’re an outdoor camper, you can’t go wrong with this.
- Comes with handles for a better grip
- Suitable for outdoor cooking and oven cooking
- Nonstick surface and hard-anodized aluminum body
- Not dishwasher-safe
If you like cooking in nature and want a sufficient cooking surface area to cook many foods at once, go with the Cuisinart Chef’s Classic.
4. Lodge Cast Iron Reversible Stovetop Griddle – Best Two-in-One
- 20 x 10.5 cooking area
- Use on all cooking surfaces, grills and campfires
- Oven safe
- Sauté, sear, fry, bake and stir fry to heart's content
- Included Components: Cast Iron Grill/Griddle
The Lodge Cast iron Reversible Stovetop Griddle comes with two cooking surfaces—one you can use as a griddle and the other as a grill. It’s ideal for camping because it saves the space of packing a separate grill.
This griddle comes in three sizes: 20 inches, 16.75 inches, and 10.5 inches. And you can either get a double burner or a single burner. I prefer the 20-inch double burner because it gives me enough space to cook for an entire family. You can use it on any cooking surface or push it into an oven.
It’s manufactured from cast iron, which distributes heat efficiently so that you get evenly cooked meals. You can use it for frying, baking, sautéing, grilling, and more. The Lodge griddle comes with two handles for easy flipping, and it has a solid build to make sure it lasts for many years with you.
My only issue with it is its heavy weight. At 13.5 pounds, it’s inconvenient to move around a lot with it or to take it camping.
- Can be used as a griddle and grill
- Comes with handles for easy gripping and flipping
- Manufactured from cast iron for durability and heat distribution
The Lodge reversible griddle is ideal for campers who want to treat themselves to delicious and diverse meals while in nature. However, it’s too heavy to pack and carry around.
5. GE Heavy-Duty Cast Iron Stovetop Griddle – Best Heat Distribution
- Fits General Electric
- Genuine General Electric OEM Part
- Replaces General Electric Part Numbers:
If you aren’t interested in electric griddles, you’ll love the GE Heavy-Duty Cast Iron Stovetop Griddle. Its manufacturing material ensures it heats evenly and leaves delicious grill marks without burning your food. Also, it comes with convenient handles for easier handling.
The griddle comes with ridges to prevent oil spillages, and its flat surface is nonstick and easy to clean. Also, it has two surfaces, one smooth and one ribbed. The former is ideal for cooking breakfast food, while the latter can be used for cooking chicken and meat.
Best of all, if you own a General Electric kitchen range, you’ll be glad to know that this griddle interlocks with the grates of many GE ranges.
At a width of 10 inches, the griddle isn’t the largest out there, but it’s enough to accommodate food for a small family. And if you want to cook outdoors without exposing your foods to dust, you’ll be glad to know that it comes with a lid.
- Provides even distribution of heat for consistent cooking
- Comes with a lid and handles for easier handling
- Reversible, with one smooth surface and one ribbed surface
- Not big enough for large families
The GE reversible griddle is ideal for those who own a GE range, as they can use it on top of the stove or install it inside the oven without any issues.
6. Wolf Gourmet Precision Electric Griddle – Most Luxurious
- VERSATILE COOKING AT ITS BEST: Grill, sear, sauté, steam and melt foods with confidence on the superior nonstick 204-square-inch cooking surface.
- EXCEPTIONALLY EVEN HEATING: Precision heating elements are built into the thick cast aluminum cooking surface for consistent temperatures and even heat retention.
- STAINLESS STEEL LID MAKES STEAMING EASY: Unique vented lid gives you the flexibility to steam a variety of foods, like veggies, shellfish and more, by locking in moisture and heat.
- ADVANCED TEMPERATURE CONTROL: Use the temperature control knob to heat at specific temperatures between warm (150°F) and 450ºF.
- 5-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY: Wolf Gourmet warrants appliances to be free from defects in materials or workmanship for a period of five (5) years from the date of original purchase.
The Wolf Gourmet Precision Electric Griddle is the crème de la crème of electric griddles, but it comes with a hefty price tag that makes it less appealing to the crowds.
The Wolf griddle is like a blank canvas for artists—you can use it to whip up any meal, whether it requires steaming, grilling, sautéing, or more. It’s a multi-functional product ideal for preparing the three meals of the day.
Its cooking surface is made from cast aluminum, promoting even distribution of heat and durability. It comes with a temperature knob that you can adjust from 150 to 450 degrees, and it features a lid to give you deliciously steamed meals and to help prevent splatters.
My favorite part about this griddle is its integrated grease trap, which is easily removable and makes getting rid of extra oil a breeze. Although I’m not too fond of its price, Wolf products are known to last a lifetime, so this griddle might be worth every penny after all.
- Comes with an easily removable drip tray and a convenient lid
- Adjustable temperatures from 150 to 450 degrees
- Ideal for cooking breakfast, lunch, and dinner meals
- Too pricey
The Wolf Gourmet electric griddle is a premium-quality and durable choice. If you don’t mind its price tag, definitely go for it.
Factors to Consider When Buying a Griddle
Now that you know all about the best griddles on the market, I’ll tell you what factors to consider when buying one.
A griddle’s size is the most important factor to consider, in my opinion. If you have a large family, a single burner and a narrow griddle won’t do. But if you often go camping, you’ll need a small griddle for better portability.
It all boils down to your needs. Consider the number of people you’ll cook for, your stovetop or counter size, and whether you’ll have to carry the griddle around while traveling.
Stovetop or Electric?
There’s no denying that electric griddles are easier and more convenient to use, but they lead to a higher electricity bill, which might not suit all people. Also, electric griddles are much less portable, as you’ll need a power outlet to use them. So, for instance, you can’t take one with you on a camping trip.
Another factor to consider is that while electric griddles give you better heat control, they can have cold spots after a few years of usage, which never happens with stovetop griddles.
Ease of Cleaning
Buying an easy-to-clean griddle is essential because breakfast foods are often greasy, and scrubbing grease off of cooking surfaces can be a nuisance.
As a rule of thumb, smooth surfaces are easier to clean than ribbed ones. Also, nonstick cooking surfaces are a breeze to clean without the need for scrubbing.
To Wrap Up
Griddles are conventional kitchen utensils to own. You can use them for cooking delicious breakfasts in a few minutes, and they have larger surfaces than pans.
My personal favorite is the Presto Tilt-N-Fold griddle, although the Zojirushi Gourmet griddle made my choice tough. And if you prefer the old way and want a stovetop grill, I strongly recommend the Cuisinart Chef’s Classic griddle.