This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Last Updated on April 8, 2022
New York is one of the greatest, most vibrant cities globally. If you plan a weekend to visit this city with your friends, know that you will not have enough time to create memories if you don’t plan in style. You can visit various places, like Wall Street, the Empire State Building, the Statue of Liberty, and Times Square, among other activities.
To help you plan and manage every second you have on your weekend getaway, we share some tips below that you can implement to make your trip memorable.
Planning Your Trip
When planning your trip, you need to look for all the options available to make the best out of your trip. For instance, you will need to have passes that you can use to see different attractions. You can use different passes, but let’s concentrate on the two major ones. These are good because they give you several options to choose from.
- New York Explorer – This pass allows you to visit more than 100 tourist attractions since it is a day-based pass. That means you can buy the pass on certain days, and in our case, it’s the weekend.
- New York Pass – You can use this pass for 30 days, but it limits you on the number of free attractions to visit. For example, if you get a two-attraction pass, you can only go to two of the 85+ attractions.
Though both the passes don’t limit how you enjoy your trip, you can choose the one you feel will make your weekend count.
Millions of people get injured on the highway every year in the United States. Instead of making the drive to the city, using public transportation. There are buses and the subway, which are easier and more convenient to utilize, especially if you don’t know the places you are visiting. Using Uber and taking taxis will be easier, too, especially for a group of friends.
Where to Stay
You can choose where to stay based on the season and which areas you want to visit. NYC is an all-season city because every season has different places and things to do. For instance, if you visit it during summer, it attracts many people at this time of the year. That means the beaches, pools, parks, and public places will be full, though there are many exciting activities. Remember, NYC is one of the major cities in the U.S., with a large population of 27,000 people per square mile, so you have to be prepared to share public spaces with many, many people.
Midtown Manhattan is one of the most popular places because it has a couple of attractions that you can visit. It is not cheap, but some hotels are budget-friendly, whether on the north or south side of the town.
If you want to stay on the high end, you can choose to view Central Park in your hotel, enjoy the nightlife in Chelsea or visit SoHo, though you have to dig deep in your pocket. You don’t have to be stuck with the hotel idea because you can get apartments for rentals at a good price and cost-share with your friends. Just choose what you feel is good for you and your group!
Where to Visit
You can visit many places in New York City with your friends. The best way to go about this is to have a list of areas of attractions. Here are a couple of the most popular places:
- Central Park – Visit this park in the morning. It is huge, and you can opt to take breakfast around this area, but a good day to visit is when it is not raining.
- Chelsea Market – You can opt to do some shopping and see the scenic high line or visit the park for an afternoon.
- Time Square – If you love huge billboards and taking some pictures of Spiderman, then go to this beautiful place for the evening for shopping, dinner, and drinks.
Planning a getaway is not complex if you do your research and know what you want. Make the best of your trip with friends by following the above tips!