Carrot Cake is my favorite cake hands down so it’s no surprise that it was my first gluten-free recipe. My mother only bought vanilla cake or chocolate cake mixes so I can remember clearly the first time I had it. I was living in Australia and attending the birthday of a friend who turning the old age of 6.
In my family, food comes first, so I checked out the cake early on and saw that it was a strange gold color with specks of orange. Little did I know that by the end of the party I would be a carrot cake convert and want it for my birthday every year. You can easily turn these coconut flour carrot cupcakes into a cake but you will want to double the recipe. I personally don’t want another pan to clean!
I hope that you enjoy it!
Coconut Flour Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese FrostingPrint
- 8 oz package of cream cheese softened
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- In a large bowl mix together the eggs, ghee, vanilla, honey and applesauce until completely blended with an electric beater
- Next add the baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and sifted coconut flour into the wet ingredients.
- Mix until fully blended.
- Last but not the least add the grated carrots and raisins and mix with a spoon.
- Pour your batter in to 12 cupcake tins and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cupcake comes out clean.
- For the frosting, add the cream cheese, maple syrup and lemon to a blow and with a hand mixer blend together all the ingredients until smooth.
- Apply to the cooled carrot cake cupcakes.
© 2011-2012, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.