This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Last Updated on October 16, 2019
Well, I was going to share a completely different recipe this week but my husband found my secret stash of plantain chips. Gah! I honestly had no idea what to do and decided it was time to give crackers a try. I just found the most amazing liver pate recipe and Mr. Bejelly keeps asking for a cracker to do with it. I love to eat the pate with apples or jicama but the man wants bread so here I go.
These are fun to make and came out really yummy. The trick is to roll them thin. Seriously. Get them close to 1/8″ thick or they are going to be soft. Watch them in the oven starting at 10 minutes to make sure they don’t burn. The ones on the sides will be darker brown.
Truthfully, I am not done with this recipe. It needs a little tweaking to make it crispier so you shall see this paleo garlic cracker again.
- 1/3 cup palm Shortening
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup of chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon heaping of mustard
- In a small pan, melt the palm shortening and then add in the tapioca flour. Remove from the heat and mix until you have a slurry. Let cool for one minute and then add in the water, mustard and two eggs.
- In another bowl add the coconut flour, chia seeds, garlic powder and sea salt and combine well.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and mix until you have a dough.
- Scoop out half of the dough and place between two sheets of parchment paper.
- Roll the dough out to less than a 1/4 inch thick. With a pizza cutter, score the dough into 1" x 1" crackers.
- Brush the top with coconut oil and bake at 365 for 15 - 18 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cook and repeat.
© 2011-2013, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.