This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
No one will be able to resist these crispy oven baked Keto onion rings that are coated in pork rinds! Dip in your favorite low carb sauce or top your favorite burger recipe with them!
I’ve been in holiday mode and it wasn’t until today that I figured out what in the world I was going to share this week.
Two weeks ago when it was Mr. Bejelly’s birthday, it was HOT. I’m talking 90 degree weather all week and we were exclusively cooking on the Traeger so I didn’t heat up our house.
If you live in the Pacific NW, you know the Walla Walla onions are in stock and I was going to surprise my hubby with some keto onion rings.
That didn’t happen until Sunday when the weather was nice and sunny but in the 70s. He was pretty stoked and everyone gobbled them down and asked for seconds.
Take your time with the coating with egg wash to get a more even crust on the rings. I had a hungry toddler and husband so I rushed it but they were still very tasty.
Watch the video to see how to make them
What you’ll need to make this recipe:
How to make Keto Onion Rings
Combine the coconut flour, salt and pepper and place on a plate.
In a small bowl combine the eggs, water and apple cider vinegar. Mix well.
Placed the pork rinds in a paper bag or plastic bag.
Take the onion rings and coat them with the flour mixture, then dunk them in egg wash.
Throw them in the bag with pork rinds and shake. Remove and place on your baking sheet.
Repeat until you’ve gone through all the onions.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 – 35 minutes until browned.
Other Keto recipes you may enjoy:
Did you make and love this recipe? Give your review below and make sure you share your creations by tagging me on Instagram!
- 1 medium Walla Walla onion, sliced and separated
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 oz pork rinds, crushed
- Combine the coconut flour, salt and pepper and place on a plate.
- In a small bowl combine the eggs, water and apple cider vinegar. Mix well.
- Placed the pork rinds in a paper bag or plastic bag.
- Take the onion rings and coat them with the flour mixture, then dunk them in egg wash.
- Throw them in the bag with pork rinds and shake. Remove and place on your baking sheet.
- Repeat until you've gone through all the onions.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 - 35 minutes until browned.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 172Saturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 95mgSodium: 469mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 5gSugar: 1gProtein: 13g
© 2011-2013, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.