October 16, 2013   By Kelly Bejelly

Paleo Pumpkin Spice Cookies

Let’s hear it for fall.  It’s a time where I get to revel in the appearance of the golden and blood red leaves of the trees in my neighborhood.  It’s also my favorite season if only for the warm scent of cinnamon baking in my oven.

Paleo Pumkkin Spice Cookies

It’s amazing how the smell of these pumpkin spice cookies wrapped filled my home with holiday cheer. I snatched them out of the oven and destroyed several before I frosted them.  These cookies, like any treat with a lot of spice, get better as they age.

I’ve also shared this recipe over at the Paleo Mama so go check it out.

Paleo Pumpkin Spice Cookies

Pumpkin Spice Cookies

Course: Paleo Cookies

Cookie batter

Frosting

1. In a mixing bowl add your pumpkin puree, coconut oil, egg, molasses, coconut sugar and vanilla then blend.
  2. Next add in your dry ingredients and mix until you have a soft dough.
  3. Pinch a walnut size piece and roll into a ball. Place on a piece of parchment paper on your baking sheet and press flat with your fingertips.
  4. Repeat.
  5. Bake in your oven at 350 degrees for 25 - 28 minutes. Remove and let cool until warm and then frost.
  6. To make the frosting, whip all the ingredient in a small bowl until well combined.
  7. Enjoy

© 2011-2013, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website

• October 16, 2013 at 11:01 am

These look soft and chewy! I’m going to go check out the recipe. 🙂 If they’re not soft I think I’ll cry a little. Because these look like the best pumpkin cookies ever. And I don’t do crunchy cookies. 😉

• October 16, 2013 at 11:15 am

They are soft. Almost like a soft sugar cookie!

• Theresa
    October 16, 2013 at 1:27 pm

Can you substitute raw sugar for the coconut sugar?

• October 17, 2013 at 8:01 am

Pumpkin spice, yumm! I’d love to make these to take to Thanksgiving dinner.

• October 17, 2013 at 8:23 pm

Mmm, yes – soft chewy pumpkin cookies. Definitely the best cookies ever!

• October 20, 2013 at 7:27 pm

Mmmmmmm……..that looks really good! I love pumpkin spice.

• Patricia R.
    October 22, 2013 at 5:01 pm

How much cinnamon is in the frosting? I will have to guess as I am making them right now, but the amount appears to be 1/s and that could be anything. Thanks!

• Patricia R.
        October 22, 2013 at 6:05 pm

1/4 teaspoon is exactly what I used. I tasted it to see if it needed more and it didn’t seem to. These cookies turned out delicious! My son (37) declared them a winner and said I could make them any time. The real test will be tomorrow night when my grandson tries them. Of course, I will make them again regardless. Just more for me if he doesn’t : )

I had my doubts about the frosting. It reminded me of frosting that had crisco in it and I always hated that. The frosting really is good and adds the perfect touch to the cookies. Good job on the recipe!

• October 22, 2013 at 8:51 pm

Thank you so much for sharing Patricia and I’m so glad that you enjoyed them. I liked them even better the second day so i hope that your grandson likes them too.

• September 5, 2015 at 4:07 am

Would coconut oil work? I avoid palm oil because the industry destroys rainforests and is wiping out the orangutan population.

• September 10, 2015 at 11:04 am

Butter or lard would be a better substitue hun. Also, I would check out the Topical Traditions brand because they are sustainable harvested.

• Monica
    October 24, 2015 at 12:05 pm

Just made these, came out great 🙂