I’m a lover all things Delicata. However, my absolute favorite way to eat it is in soup. Earlier in the month Pacific Foods reached out to me to cook up something fun with their Organic Simply Stock and it didn’t take me long to start dreaming up a ways to use it. Before I knew it, I was thinking of combining bacon, Delicata and Parmesan in a Delicata squash soup recipe that would shame all other recipes out there.
Now, before I wax on about this recipe I want to share a bit about Pacific Foods. First, they are a local company for me. I can literally pop in the car and be at their location in 30 minutes. Second, I’m grateful there are companies committed to making real food for those, like myself, who can be stretched for time and cannot make everything from scratch.
Now, on to the soup. At first, I was hoping to make a casserole with the ingredients and wow, that just did not work. The texture of Delicata in a casserole is not good – so don’t go getting any ideas. Anyhow, I ended up throwing everything into my Blendtec and it was like finding a diamond inside a piece of coal. I quickly ate a bowl and then saddled up for another. It was warm, rich and the perfect comfort meal for these winter days. To get the recipe for Parmesan Delicata Squash Soup visit Pacific Foods today.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 stalk of celery, diced
- ½ tsp fresh sage, minced
- 4 strips of bacon, cook until crispy and then chop into strips
- 2 large Delicata squash, peeled, seeded and chopped.
- 4 8 oz Pacific Foods Simply Stock
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ cup finely shredded Romano Cheese
- Salt to taste
- In a stock pot combine the butter, diced onion, celery, bacon strips and sage, and cook until the onions are translucent.
- Add the squash, Pacific Foods Simply Stock, black pepper and Romano cheese and cook covered on medium for 1 hour.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the soup.
- Garnish with heavy cream or sour cream.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 265 Saturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 17mg Sodium: 187mg Carbohydrates: 46g Fiber: 8g Sugar: 12g Protein: 8g
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Pacific Foods. I only work with brands I love and always share with you my own opinions.