This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Last Updated on November 13, 2020
You’ll love every bite of this Delicata Squash soup that whips up in 30 minutes! It’s thick, creamy, and dairy-free to boot! Warm-up those cold winter days with this simple soup recipe.
When I was a kid and someone boastfully said, “OH I LOVE THIS!” I would always say, “Well why don’t you marry it?”
Well, I would marry the Delicata squash. Yeah, I’d change my name to Kelly Delicata and adopted some other baby squash to fill up our home.
Then I’d turn into a Black Widow and eat him.
So, after that tiny bit of cannibalism, I want to share one of my favorite paleo vegetable soup recipes using Delicata squash.
This soup is rather thick, almost like a potato soup. Every time I eat this soup I crave gluten-free mac and cheese and will have to come up with a Paleo Version to satisfy.
Common Questions about Delicata Squash Soup
Is delicata squash good for you?
Not only is is tasty, but yes, it contains contains magnesium, manganese, and vitamins C and B. It’s also a great souce of fiber and potassium
Can you eat the skin of a delicata squash?
Yes, the peel it edible!
Is Delicata squash high in carbs?
1 cup of cooked delicata squash has 9 carbs.
So what do you need for this 30 minute Delicata Squash Soup recipe?
- Delicata Squash – roughly 3″ wide and 6″ long
- cloves of garlic
- small onion
- olive oil
- sea salt
- black pepper
- Poultry Seasoning
You can easily add protien (chicken, beef, pork, fish) to his soup for more of a complete meal.
You can make this ahead and freeze it.
No one will believe this creamy, rich Delicata Squash Soup is vegan!
- Peel, core and chop up the Delicata squash into squares. Place squash in a medium pan and cover with water. Set on the stove and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and cook until the squash is softened, about 20 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a small sauce pan, add the olive oil, grated onion and minced garlic. Cook until the garlic is lightly browned and then add the seasonings.
- Cook for one minute and then add in the 1.5 cups of broth.
- Let this simmer for 5 minutes and remove from heat and whisk in the lemon juice.
- In a blender, add all the ingredients and pulse until smooth.
- Top with Pine nuts and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 120Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 347mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 3gSugar: 11gProtein: 3g
© 2011-2012, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.