Salted Chocolate Smoothie

salted chocolate milk shake

When I shared my cranberry smoothie recipe, Jennie G  left me a lovely comment asking if I had ever used ice cubes in my smoothies to make them more shake-like.  I hadn’t so I had to give it a whirl.  Ya’ll that simple change turned my normal smoothies into thick  rich lusciousness.  I turned into a smoothie drinking monster.  I’m not kidding, I’ve upped our raw milk a half gallon a week to help with this new addiction.   I also started adding salt and yes mam,  I’ve drank this Salted Chocolate Smoothie almost every single day this week.

It’s simple, tasty and I promise you’ll lick the spoon.

This recipe is now exclusively in my print paleo cookbook Paleo Eats!

salted chocolate milk shake

© 2011-2014, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.

1. Kelly Bejelly January 14, 2014 at 8:54 am

I haven’t! I’ll have to try this soon. Thanks for the tip Marianne 🙂

1. Kari Peters January 13, 2014 at 1:26 pm

This looks awesome! I’ve been eating salted chocolate bar with almonds lately and I love the chocolate – salt combo, this smoothie will be a much healthier way to indulge!

1. Kelly Bejelly January 14, 2014 at 8:53 am

It’s so simple and yummy 🙂 Thanks Kari

2. Rachel January 13, 2014 at 5:19 pm

I have a weakness for anything salted and sweet. Chocolate, caramel, it doesn’t matter. The combo is just perfect.

3. Elaina January 13, 2014 at 5:41 pm

This sounds divine!

4. Tammy January 13, 2014 at 9:45 pm

That’s funny because I’ve always added ice to my smoothies or coffee fraps etc., I’ve often had people tell me that my smoothies are ‘too thick’! I always felt that without the ice I was just drinking flavored run down yogurt or milk 🙂

5. Jennifer January 19, 2014 at 8:07 pm

My husband is a huge smoothie kick ever since we got a Blendtec so I’ll be sharing this recipe with him asap!

6. Ellen November 6, 2014 at 1:41 pm

This was crazy good. I was craving a sweet or salty snack this afternoon and made this smoothie, but used frozen banana chunks instead of fresh banana and ice cubes, and unsweetened almond milk. Added a dash of pure vanilla extract and a bit of coconut sugar because I was afraid it wouldn’t be sweet enough. Next time I’ll try it without adding any sweetener.

1. Kelly Bejelly November 11, 2014 at 11:28 am