This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Last Updated on December 16, 2023
This easy peach smoothie is the perfect summer breakfast. You can use frozen peaches or canned, to enjoy it year round
Let’s hear it for fresh peaches. I love peaches and I feel like a kid in a candy factory the minute they are in season in Oregon.
My childhood memories of peaches are syrupy, slippery things in plastic tins. The only fruit my parents could afford fresh when I was a kid were red delicious apples (which I refuse to eat now).
Anyhow, let’s get back to peaches. OMG, fresh peaches are the bees knees and I eat them by the dozen and freeze them by the case when they are ripe and fragrant with sweetness. I love adding them in this super easy peach cobbler with cake mix.
I wanted to give this peach smoothie a nice hint of tartness to this smoothie so I added lemon juice. It’s hidden in the background and adds a nice depth to the flavor.
- 2 ripe medium peaches- sliced and peeled.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of B Grade maple syrup (optional)
- Greek Yogurt (Optional)
Step 1: Put sliced peaches along with the rest of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Step 2: Enjoy creamy peach smoothie.
The fact that you can make it in just 5 minutes makes this super creamy and healthy peach smoothie recipe even more special. You can add some greek yogurt make it extra creamy however you can make peach smoothie without yogurt.
If you are actually trying this in summer,we recommend freezing the peaches overnight to make the smoothie more refreshing. However, during winter, these are the best vegetables for smoothies you should opt for!
Add the overnight frozen peaches to the blender. While it does make the smoothie colder as compared to ice cubes, it also makes the peach fruit smoothie more creamy. So rather than using ice cubes, next time try overnight frozen peaches.
Can You Use Canned Peaches?
No one wants to use canned food but what if you want to enjoy peach smoothies in winter? You can use canned peaches to make a smoothie but use some extra fresh fruit to help balance it.
I recommend making either a banana peach smoothie or a strawberry peach smoothie.
Extra Tips to Get the Best of Peach Smoothies
- The sweetest peach smoothie recipe only comes from fresh and really ripe peaches. Although you can’t do anything if it is an off season, we recommend using as many fresh ingredients as possible to make 1 cup of refreshing smoothies.
- You can convert this into a vegan peach smoothie recipe by replacing the milk and yogurt with vegan products.
- Use frozen peaches if you don’t have the fresh ones for the recipe.
- Apart from all the essential ingredients such as milk, lemon juice, etc., ½ teaspoon of cinnamon can give your peach smoothie extra flavor.
- Add two bananas to the smoothie with two ice cubes and you can make a thicker peach fruit smoothie. You can serve it in a bowl along with loads of toppings.
This is a four-ingredient smoothie and just simple deliciousness.
Ok, now if you get a more tart peach – it happened to me last week and I was walking around with a pucker on my face for half a day – just add some honey or maple syrup at the end.
This simple Peach smoothie is the perfect summer breakfast
- In your blender, add all the ingredients and blend until the fruit is completely disintegrated.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 150Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 67mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 2gSugar: 19gProtein: 6g