Slow Cooker Chili Verde (Whole30, Keto)

Slow Cooker Chili Verde that is so simple! Made with less than 10 ingredients, and spices like cumin and oregano, it’s the perfect easy dinner to throw in your crockpot.

slow cooker chili verde

One of the hardest things for me to remember is that I have limitations.  I started the 30 Day Body Weight Challenge and it kicked my butt after only one workout.  It made me feel so drained and I was run down for three days.  This helped me realize that I can not do workouts like this because they hurt more than help in my journey.

I WANT to be the chick who can do crossfit and do 7 minutes of burpees but I’m not.   I want to be buff like a cheetah but let’s face it, there is no way on earth I’m going to dedicate the time and focus that it takes for me to look like a fitness model.  I’m not going to say “No” more times than “Yes” when it comes to treats.  This does not not mean that I don’t want to be healthy and strong.  This just means that I refuse to spend any more time focusing on things that don’t fit my lifestyle.

This chili verde recipe is a start to this intention.

It’s also simple and Whole 30 compliant.   I kept away from tomatillos because honestly, they are too sour for my tastes.  This is rich, warm and delicious and I hope you enjoy it.

slow cooker chili verde

What you’ll need for this Recipe:

How to Make This Slow Cooker Chili Verde Recipe:

Add the broth, olive oil and spiced to the slow cooker and mix.

If you like this Slow Cooker Chili Verde recipe, you’ll love:

Slow Cooker Chocolate Chicken Mole

Slow Cooker Kalua Pork

Did you make and love this recipe?  Give your review below and make sure you share your creations by tagging me on Instagram!

Slow Cooker Chili Verde

Slow Cooker Chili Verde

Yield: 8

Whole30 and Low Carb, this Crockpot Chili Verde is an authentic Mexican recipe.

1. Add the broth, olive oil and spiced to the slow cooker and mix.
  2. Then add all the rest of the ingredients and set you slow cooker on high and cook for 6 hours.
Nutrition Information:
Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 217 Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 62mg Sodium: 858mg Carbohydrates: 6g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 3g Protein: 24g

© 2011-2014, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.

1. Jenn January 10, 2014 at 9:13 pm

I don’t blame you for leaving out the tomatillos. Looks delicious!

2. Crystal January 11, 2014 at 10:07 am

I love some chili! I have to admit, I tend to eat mine from the can. I might just change my mind with recipes like this, though.

3. Jennifer January 11, 2014 at 6:03 pm

Oh my husband would absolutely LOVE this recipe. He’s all about spicy!

4. Kathy January 11, 2014 at 7:48 pm

I made a delicious white chicken chili in my slow cooker today for the game. I think I’m addicted to slow cooking. I am going to try this one out next!

5. Tonya {The Traveling Praters} January 11, 2014 at 9:49 pm

I’ve been seriously considering T-Tapp. I have a friend that really enjoys loves the program. I need to look into it a bit more.

6. Aura Lynne January 11, 2014 at 11:31 pm

Hello there! I just found your blog recently and I love it. I really respect what you said about your work out regimen. It takes a lot of courage to admit that your wants are not your needs and to be okay with that without feeling totally defeated. I’ve been struggling with an undiagnosed chronic pain condition for a few years and it has forced me to face this issue to. I WANT to be super active and ride my bike everyday and climb mountains like a boss. But my body often says no. So I gotta do just what I can and what feels helpful and stop comparing myself to others. It’s tough though! What I am saying is Thank you for the post. You encouraged and inspired me! The recipe looks great too! 🙂 🙂

1. Kelly Bejelly January 12, 2014 at 1:37 pm

Thank you Aura 🙂 It is tough but I’m getting to the point in my life where I want to celebrate what I can do and stop “punishing” myself for not being “perfect”.

7. Jennifer H January 12, 2014 at 5:17 am

ooh I have to show this to Hubby. I think he would enjoy this recipe.

8. Jennifer January 12, 2014 at 7:30 am

I made this yesterday and it was SO good! 🙂

1. Kelly Bejelly January 12, 2014 at 1:35 pm

I’m so glad you enjoyed it Jennifer! It’s a keeper.

9. Elaina January 12, 2014 at 7:30 am

Thanks for the recipe. My slow cooker has been unused because I can’t find new recipes I like

10. Anne January 12, 2014 at 7:35 am

Wow, that is a lot of chilis, looks good though. I need slow cooker recipes right now, my schedule is crazy.

11. Megan @ That Neat Blog January 12, 2014 at 4:43 pm

I’m going to look into T Tapp. I need a workout that fits into my life too. And this chili, that fits into my life just fine. lol

12. HilLesha January 12, 2014 at 7:19 pm

This looks pretty good! I actually had some chili this weekend. 🙂

13. jeanae January 12, 2014 at 8:35 pm

I am inspired to whip out the crockpot again this week. There is just something about the smell of a wonderful diner simmering throughout the day…LOVE!
    I totally get the workout pain – – I just had to accept my health & body for what they are, and know when, and how far, to push myself.

14. Angela January 12, 2014 at 9:07 pm

Nice recipe! I like something that’s a little spicy!

15. Billie @ Rowell Reviews January 17, 2014 at 10:04 am

It’s so cold in Iowa, this would warm us up nicely! I jump all in to workouts too.

16. Linda June 8, 2014 at 11:05 am

Great recipe! We just made this today, and I have to say that it is worth making for the smell alone. Easy (once the peppers are seeded), fragrant and delicious! Thanks for sharing.

17. Lindsay December 29, 2014 at 5:53 am

This looks delicious! I’m not a fan of pork, though– would it work to sub chicken broth for beef broth and chicken for the pork?

1. Kelly Bejelly January 6, 2015 at 8:01 pm

It should work. You will have to adjust the cook time though for the chicken.

1. kels January 9, 2015 at 1:38 pm

longer cook time or shorter?

1. Sara Neal January 12, 2015 at 7:15 am

how much is in a serving size?

18. Yvonne Martin December 10, 2015 at 12:44 pm

This was amazing. I loved the smell after a long day gone, simple but ‘Delicious’ . Thank you

1. Kappy February 11, 2016 at 5:14 pm

Hello! Making this tonight. For the Anaheim peppers, do you mean 3/4 pound cut or 3/4 pound whole? Thanks!

1. Kelly Bejelly May 2, 2016 at 9:07 am

You need 3/4lb of pepper hun before you cut them.