I love eating Brussel Sprouts for breakfast. I adore them in omelets. I remember a time that I made them for my Father-in-law when he was visiting. He voiced his opinion about how strange that was and how it would not taste good. I had to giggle when he later asked for seconds.
I normally eat them “creamed” but I wanted to do something different and dairy-free. These are amazing and so simple. I never would have thought to add “sugar” to Brussels spouts and wow, what a simple way to kick it up a notch.
- 10 Brussels sprouts, cleaned and quartered
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp B grade maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- Oven medium heat set your cast iron pan and warm the coconut oil.
- Place the Brussels spouts in and slow roast until soft and golden brown, roughly 10 - 15 minutes.
- Then add in the maple syrup, sea salt and chili powder and cook for 4 to 5 more minutes. Serve immediately
© 2011-2012, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.