When this recipe for Chocolate Chicken Mole was bubbling away in the slow cooker, my stomach would not stop constantly screaming to eat. I felt like it had turned into a toddler having a temper tantrum over some candy. I could not wait to inhale this deliciousness that my friend Arsy, from Rubies and Radishes, had created for her cookbook The Paleo Foodie Cookbook. It was so stinking good, I ate seconds.
This book is a gorgeous testimony to Paleo eating and if you aren’t the lucky winner of a copy of this book, I’m just going to say, BUY IT! Just do it. It has 120 recipes that will have your mouth watering like a Doberman eyeing a rib eye. Next on my list to try is the Sun-dried Tomato and Mushroom Lamb Burgers and I know it will not disappoint.
Ok, so this will be the last post for the week since my book has picked up steam again!
Lovelies, one of you has a chance to win this cookbook! Enter below!
Slow Cooker Chocolate Chicken MolePrint
- 2 lbs chicken pieces bone in breasts and legs work well, Skin removed
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste. to taste
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic crushed or minced
- 6 - 7 whole tomatoes peeled, seeded and chopped
- 5 dried New Mexico chili peppers rehydrated and chopped
- 1/4 cup creamy Almond Butter
- 2.5 oz dark chocolate 70% or above
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon power
- 1/2 tsp guajillpo chili powder
- avocado cilantro and jalapeno, all chopped.
- Generous salt and pepper the chicken.
- Place a pan over medium heat and add the ghee.
- Once the ghee has warmed, add the chicken and brown on all sizes. This may need to be done in batches.
- Move the chicken to slow cooker.
- Add onion to the same pan and saute until translucent.
- Add garlic and saute for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer onion and garlic to the slow cooker.
- Add the tomatoes, chili peppers, almond butter, dark chocolate, salt and spices to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low to 4 to 6 hours or until the chicken is tender and pulls apart easily.
- Top mole with the avocado, cilantro and jalapeno and serve!
Recipe reprinted with the express permission from Arsy @ Rubies and Radishes.