This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Last Updated on December 6, 2020
So, Mr. Bejelly has this thing with too much spice. Even my beloved Indian Food walks the line of tolerable for him so I never know if any recipe with more than two spices is going to fly.
He tore this Simple Jerk Chicken up (almost as quickly as he had with my keto sweet and sour chicken recipe).
Seriously, I went from wondering what we were going to do with leftovers to hoping I would get enough to eat.
It’s made with 7 spices like cinnamon, cumin, cloves, and more. I remember the first time I had jerk chicken. It was at my grandma’s house.
All week she had been cooking up southern recipes I had never tried before like keto gumbo and fried squirrel. Yes, squirrel. I didn’t eat it and I’m still traumatized by seeing it in the sink but I digress.
My favorite dish I tried that week was jerk chicken and it left its mark on me so I had to make up my own version.
Jerk Chicken ( Keto, Paleo, Whole30)
- 1 Teaspoon allspice
- 1 Tablespoon coconut sugar (Sub Swerve if Keto or remove if Whole30)
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 Teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 Teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 lbs boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- Place your skillet or grill on your stove top and pre-heat. Combine all the spices on a bowl and mix well with a spoon.
- Rub the spice all over the chicken breasts with your hands.
- Place the chicken breast on a the skillet or grill and cook for roughly 4 to 5 minutes on each side, until the outside is very dark brown.
- Remove from the stove and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 233Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 614mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 35g