You’ll love this mint chip ice cream made with coconut milk, spinach and mint. The perfect vegan and AIP dessert that is filled with healthy vegetables.
I’m pretty sure that ice cream is the quintessential summer treat.
I’m not kidding when I tell you that we eat it
twice once a week. The thing is,even though I eat dairy, I prefer my ice cream dairy-free.
Paleo Autoimmune Mint Chip Ice CreamPrint
- Pre-freeze your ice cream maker’s insulated container. Or if you do not have an ice cream maker, place a baking dish in the freezer.
- Make your “chips” by combining the coconut oil and carob powder in a shallow dish, and place it in the freezer for 20 minutes, or until completely frozen.
- In your blender or food processor, combine your coconut milk, peppermint extract, mint leaves, and maple syrup. If you want a greener looking ice cream, add in the fresh baby spinach. Blend until the leaved are well combined and your mixture is smooth.
- Remove your frozen carob mixture from the freezer and break up the thin, frozen layer into chips with your hands or a fork. Add chips to ice cream mixture.
- If using an ice cream maker”Pour the mixture into ice cream maker and follow the directions for your machine. Serve when ready
- If not using an ice cream maker; Pour mixture into a baking dish, and place it in the freezer. Freeze for 45 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the freezer and stir it well with a rubber spatula, making sure to break up any hard, frozen sections. You can also use an immersion blender, in your baking dish to do this. Place the mixture back in the freezer.
- Every 30 -45 minutes, check the ice cream mixture and mix or churn it, until the ice cream is of the desired consistency. This should take about 2 to 3 hours.
- Freezer longer for a harder ice cream, or allow to thaw slightly before serving for a softer texture.