Fall is in the air and it’s time to break out my favorite cold weather dishes. Yes, it’s still in the 70s here but the daylight is getting shorter and shorter each day. All I want to do is curl up with my favorite book and a big plate of scalloped sweet potatoes. This dish falls in to the paleo comfort food group for sure.
- 2 small sweet potatoes, sliced into ¼ thick pieces
- ½ of one medium onion, peeled and grated
- 1½ cups of milk (Full fat i.e. whole milk, full fat coconut milk)
- 1 Tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 cup Swiss cheese, shredded (again full fat)
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- ½ teaspoon of Fresh Sage, finely chopped
- In a bowl add the milk, grated onion, swiss cheese, salt, sage, coconut flour, nutmeg and black pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Grease a 9 x 8 x 2 casserole dish and put one layer of sweet potatoes and then pour ¼ cup of the milk mixture over the top. Continue to layer as so until you have three layers or run out of potatoes. Your final layer should be the milk mixture.
- Place the dish in the oven at 350 degrees and bake for 1 hour.
© 2011-2014, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.