This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Last Updated on August 9, 2021
The Keto Rolled Pork Roast stuffed with a savory low carb dressing that will have you reaching for seconds. Marinated and then roasted until golden brown!
Every year, for the last 17 years, I have wanted to do something different on Thanksgiving but my family and friends were not going to have the day without turkey.
Don’t get me wrong, I love turkey, but I want to change it up. I grew up eating lumpia, pancit, potato salad and mess of southern food on Thanksgiving so it makes sense that I like to break traditions and venture into new food realms on the holiday.
I wanted to do something fancy though and I settled on a pork recipe. I had my butcher butterfly it and then whipped up a marinade to give it a bit more flavor and impart a holiday feel. Some of my inspiration for this recipe came after seeing this roast pork in cranberry and orange sauce recipe.
I know red wine is not Whole30. If you want you could do crushed tomatoes instead but the wine gives it a really warm taste.
Ok, when this bad boy is roasting in your oven it’s going to give off a bunch of juice.
I basted the roast in it and saved the broth for another dish. Also, if you marinade it in wine, when you first cut it, it will have a slight pink tinge at the inner areas.
At first, I was like, oh my God it’s not done. It is, well, if the inner temperature is 165 and you cook it as the direction state, but that is the wine so don’t freak out like I did.
If you like this keto recipe, you’ll love:
Marinated pork filled with a low carb stuffing and baked until tender.
- 1/2 cup of red wine - Chianti
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1/4 cup of minced celery
- 1/4 cup of minced jicama
- 1/4 cup of minced shallot
- 3 sliced of thick bacon, diced
- 2 lb - 2.25 lb Boneless Pork leg, butterflied
- First, whisk up the red wine, olive oil, sea, pepper and thyme and marinade the pork shoulder for 4 - 6 hours before you roast it.
- When the pork is ready, combine the celery, jicama, shallots and bacon in a bowl and blend. Take the mixture and put down the center of the pork leg and shape it into a roll.
- Tie the roast closed with a piece of twine and set into a skillet.
- Place the skillet in the oven at 325 degrees. Also, set a small pan of water in the oven at the same time.
- Let cook for 1hr 45 minutes or until a the inner temperature reads 165 and let rest for 15 minutes.
© 2011-2019, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.