We’re in the middle of a small remodel so I have been out-of-sorts all week.
I seriously am amazed by the work going on and I can’t wait to share with you the before and after pictures. Anyhow, Mr. Bejelly and I wanted to make a lunch for the crew who decided to work on Saturday so they could take advantage of the sunshine as they build the deck. They don’t work weekends so we wanted to say “Thank you” with a meal.
I woke up at 5:00 a.m. and put a pork shoulder on the Traeger ( I seasoned it the night before) and decided at the last-minute to throw together a simple paleo coleslaw recipe.
I used apples to keep the sugar content down. I did add two tablespoons of maple syrup only because I was feeding guests. If it was just us, I would skip it, as the apples are all the sweetness we need.
- Juice of two small limes
- ½ cup of mayo
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of B grade maple syrup (optional)
- 1½ cups of fine shredded red cabbage
- ½ cup of shredded carrots
- 1 Gala apple,diced
- Place the diced apple in a large bowl and coat with 2 tbsps of lime juice.
- In a separate bowl add the mayo, lime juice, sea salt, black pepper and maple syrup. Whisk until thoroughly mixed.
- Place the red cabbage and carrots in the bowl with the apples and mix.
- Pour the dressing over the top and coat it well.
- You can eat this immediately or chill for an hour so that the flavors can mingle.
© 2011-2013, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.