When I was a kid, my mother would often make us the special treat of peanut butter sandwiches on white hamburger buns. Oh mama, I can still remember the sticky sweet taste and, of course, washing it down with a large glass of ice cold milk. Now, it makes sense my mother would turn us loose in the backyard for hours after feeding us the equivalent of sugar in a straw.
Anyhow, we know the best part of any burger is the bun. This bun recipe is the perfect texture and taste. It’s not sweet but I guess you could add a little honey if you’re so inclined. My son snatched one from the counter and happily chanted “bread, Little eat bread” before it quickly disappeared.
- Set out your nonstick hamburger pan. If your nonstick has ever been washed in a dishwasher it has lost it's ability to stick properly so grease the pan with coconut oil, lard or sustainably raised palm shortening.
- Place your cashews in your blender or food processor and grind into a flour.
- Then add in the rest of the ingredients.
- Blend completely until you have a batter.
- Pour the batter into your nonstick hamburger bun pan and bake at 350 degrees for 25 - 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- You can slice the buns in half if you would like.
© 2011-2013, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.