I can consider Alexis the Queen of Clean Eats and when her cookbook Lexi’s Clean Kitchen released I knew I had to get a copy. After flipping through the book and filling it with over 30 bookmarks, I knew that this book was a winner!
Lexi’s Clean Kitchen is packed with more than 150 nourishing recipes, full-color photos, shopping lists, how-to guides, and simple tips for customizing your clean lifestyle, making each step of the way approachable and, above all, enjoyable!
Lexi delivers healthy meals packed with flavor, like Thai Meatballs, Classic Chili, One-Pan Arroz con Pollo, Maple-Glazed Salmon, and Sriracha Lime Chopped Chicken Salad, with healthier options of your favorite indulgent foods, like French Toast Sticks, Perfect Waffles, Birthday Cake, Easy Sandwich Bread, and more.
I highly recommend Alexi’s book and you can enter to win a copy below!
- 1 cup sifted blanched almond flour
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger or ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- ⅓ cup grated carrots
- ⅓ cup chopped raw walnuts, plus more for garnish (garnish optional)
- ¼ cup raisins
- Optional: 3 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
- 1½ cups Vanilla Buttercream Frosting (page 288), or more as desired
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line an 8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt until well blended. Whisk in the eggs, applesauce, vanilla, and ginger, if using, until smooth.
- Fold in the carrots, walnuts, raisins, and chocolate chips, if using.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish, smooth out the top, and bake for about 25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle.
- While the cake is baking, make the frosting and set aside.
- When the cake is done, let it cool completely in the pan before frosting or cutting.
- Spread the frosting evenly across the top of the cake and garnish with extra chopped walnuts, if desired. Cut into 9 to 12 bars to serve.
- Store the bars in a closed container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days
ENTER FOR A CHANCE TO WIN A LEXI’S CLEAN KITCHEN COOKBOOK!
Right now one lucky reader can win a copy of Lexi’s Clean Kitchen Cookbook
Rules: There is No purchase Necessary to Enter and, the Giveaway is open to the USA only. Giveaway runs from 12/2/2016 9 a.m. PST to 12/12/2016 9 p.m. PST. Winner will be contacted via email will have 48 hours to respond before another winner is drawn.
Visit amazon and share something you learned about the book in a comment below (mandatory)
Optional 2nd entry:
Pin this post and share the url of the pin in a second comment below