Updated on

byKelly Bejelly

Vegan Chocolate Pudding

Seriously, ever since I discovered the magic of melted coconut oil and avocados in pudding I have been an addict.   Like this kind of addict but replace the burger with anything that has coconut oil and avocado in it:

I love avocados

The last time I went to the grocery store I bought 8 avocados and they were gone in 3 days.   Mr. Bejelly was shocked, like “raised double eyebrows” shocked.   At this rate, I’m going to have to move to California and buy a house with a grove of avocado trees to feed this beast.   Well, I just tell myself that because I am getting sick and tired of this grey, rainy, did I say rainy, Portlandia.

Anyhow back to this super, insanely easy and delicious recipe for dark chocolate pudding.     I seriously want to give the person that invented the food processor a big bear hug.   The food processor is the lazy cooks MUST have kitchen appliance.   If I had to make this dark chocolate pudding by hand, more than likely I would have only eaten 4 avocados so, actually,  that might be a point against it.  Anyhow throw everything in your food processor and try not it eat it all in one sitting!

Vegan Chocolate Pudding

A gluten-free & sugar-free dark chocolate pudding recipe

Dark Chocolate Pudding

Cook Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours 5 minutes

1. Add all the ingredients to your food processor and pulse until completely blended.

2. Pour into a large bowl and chill for 2 hours.
  3. Devour!

© 2011-2014, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.

• Jamie
    March 8, 2014 at 5:08 pm

Yummy recipe! I agree, I could absolutely live with an avocado orchard in my back yard! We can dream can’t we? 🙂

• tara
    March 8, 2014 at 8:46 pm

I just made this. Took me all of 5 minutes, and that was including a trip to the crib and patting that little butt back to sleep:-) I don’t have cacao, so I used cocoa powder and added an extra tbsp of raw honey and thinned it out a little bit with almond milk. It really is very tasty and is something I can share with my daughter….especially since everything I eat, I have to share lol! I also made your paleo wraps today and they were fabulous! Even my husband enjoyed them. We are new to the paleo lifestyle and I’m so thankful to have found your blog! Thank you for all you share!!

• March 11, 2014 at 11:24 am

This looks delicious Kelly! So rich and creamy…pretty much the perfect dessert. 🙂

I used to live in Portland, so I know all about the gray, dreary days there. I love how green it is, but the rain can be oppressive!

• joanna
    March 12, 2014 at 4:25 pm

hey kelly. how many days does this last in the fridge? does the avocado start to go bad or taste off? i wanna make it but i only cook for one and can’t eat it all in one night.

• March 12, 2014 at 4:52 pm

Joanna, you know this doesn’t last in my house, lol. I have kept in a tightly closed container for 4 days. It tastes better to me after it chills. I can often taste the avocado if I eat it too soon.

• gayle
    March 13, 2014 at 11:16 am

Can you taste the banana?

• March 13, 2014 at 1:04 pm

Nope. When I taste it right out of the food processor, I taste the avocado which is why I chill it.

• March 14, 2014 at 6:51 am

omg! i love it!! thank you so much for sharing! I had some chilled coconut milk in my fridge, so i added some coconut milk instead of the oil – so yummie! you might give it a try? please let me know how you liked it!
    have a nice day!

• March 14, 2014 at 12:20 pm

Yeah! I will have to try the coconut milk. My husband is not a fan of the taste of coconut which is why the oil works better in our house 🙂

• Alice
    March 22, 2014 at 6:29 pm

Thanks so much for this amazing recipe!!! My picky husband loved it and so did my dinner guests!!!5 stars

• March 23, 2014 at 7:48 am

Yeah! I’m so happy to hear that Alice 🙂

• Judy
    April 4, 2014 at 6:22 am

What kind of avocado do you use? The haas kind or the big green pear-shaped ones?