This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Last Updated on May 8, 2020
Repeat after me: Paleo Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches
I have no idea why it’s taken me so long to create one of these but well, with the summer heat beating down on my brain, I finally remembered how awesome sauce these things were growing up.
I’ve been avoiding nuts since I went a little crazy with the cookbook so these are nut-free and I also figured out a great way to make a delicious vegan ice cream recipe without banana! I know that will make some of you happy as paleo sex in the pan pie.
This is my first ever cookie recipes made strictly with coconut flour and well, I kinda expected them to spread out and they didn’t. I’ve included steps to make them wider in the recipe so you put a lot more ice cream on them.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3 Tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon power
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons B grade maple syrup
- 1/3 cup of chocolate chips
Chocolate Ice Cream
- 13.5 oz can of full fat coconut milk
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 3 Tablespoons of Cacao Powder
- 1/4 cup B grade maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Lined a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- To make the cookies: Combine the coconut flour, eggs, spices, vanilla and maple syrup in a mixing bowl and mix with a spoon until well combined. The batter will be slightly runny. It should not be a firm dough.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- With a large spoon scoop the dough and place on the baking sheet. Repeat until all the dough is gone.
- Wet your hands and press each cookie to 1/2" thick.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and cook for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cook on the pan.
- To make the ice cream: Place all the ingredients and blend until completely smooth.
- Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker and run for 20 minutes.
- Take the cooled cookies and place a big spoonful of ice cream between two cookies.
- Place in your freezer for an hour to firm up and then eat!
- Note: You will have lot of ice cream leftover, which, in my opinion, is not a problem!
© 2011-2014, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.