This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Last Updated on December 6, 2020
Now that I’m embracing the low carb, Keto lifestyle, I’m back to figuring out recipes, ok, sweets that will work on the diet. Thankfully most of my cravings for sugary things has waned considerably but, come on, my sweet tooth is still like, you know you need cake every now and then all I could think about was Pumpkin Pound Cake.
I’m still learning the carb count of foods (still very much in shock from the carb count of my Brussels Sprouts) so this turned out a bit higher in carbs than I thought it would be. It still falls into a great low carb option. You can just skip the pumpkin if you want to reduce the carbs. If you do this then please reduce the cook time by 5 minutes.
Low Carb Pumpkin Pound Cake
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup Coconut milk
- 1/2 cup swerve
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup cocoa butter wafers, 10
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and greased a loaf pan.
- Place the eggs, coconut milk, pumpkin puree, swerve, cinnamon power and water in a blender and mix until smooth.
- Add in coconut flour, baking soda and salt mixing until smooth batter forms
- Pour batter in to the loaf pan and bake for an hour and 15 minutes or until the pound cake separates from the sides of the pan and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the pound cake to cool completely before removing it from the pan
- Fill a large pot with water and place on your stove over medium heat. Place a small metal bowl over the water and add the cocoa butter wafers. Mix with a whisk until smooth and the pour over the top of the pound cake.
Serving Size:10 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 157Saturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 98mgSodium: 239mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 5gSugar: 2gProtein: 5g