This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Last Updated on June 13, 2017
Many are committing to having a healthier lifestyle. More and more people are paying for gym memberships or enrolling in a fitness class. While physical activities are important, one must not forget that it’s also important to include a proper diet in a fitness regimen.
One of the best ways to introduce a healthier lifestyle to you and your family is through juicing. This has become more and more popular especially in the recent years. Drinking fresh juice ensures that you are getting the vitamins and minerals that you will need per day. It’s also a good way of adding a certain vegetable or fruit that you have never tried before as when you juice it, the taste just gets included in the juice.
If you have decided that you and your family need to be more healthy, consider juicing as a healthy habit that you can develop. Here are some tips to get you started on your juicing journey.
- Invest in a good juicer – the first thing you will need is, of course, a juicer. There are so many products in the market to choose from, and they can all range from $60 to a whopping $2,000. If you are not looking for a commercial grade juicer, you can buy the cheaper ones as they will still do the job.
- Keep it simple – you don’t need to go all fancy when you do juicing. While you may have perused online and have seen recipes that require 6 or more ingredients in your juice, you can actually make a decent and nutritious juice with only 3 or 4 ingredients. Even with just simple fruits, you can create great-tasting juice.
- Add spices – you don’t have to limit your juice to fresh fruits and vegetables. Once you think you’ve exhausted your creativity with your staple ingredients, try adding a splash of dried herbs and spices to your juice for that extra kick. It doesn’t hurt that those herbs also have nutritional value that can help with your health.
- Plan your recipes – don’t just get up in the morning, look inside the fridge to check what’s available and put them all in the juicer. Search for recipes online that you think you’ll enjoy and plan your menu for the week. Not planning, even in just the simple things, can cause stress which is not good for your health. When you go grocery shopping, make sure you stick to your list and not just buy any fruit or vegetable you see.
- Store your juice properly – you also need to make sure that you store your juice properly, lest they get spoiled. Consider getting juice bottles from manufacturers such as Cupbarn. They sell plastic PET bottles of the highest quality. You can use their containers to store your juice. Bonus that their bottles are clear and attractive that you can bring it with you to the office or wherever you will go.
Juicing may take some getting used to, but the benefits it brings are worth it. Get started on your fitness journey today.