This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Last Updated on May 28, 2022
I am a sucker for a good casserole. During the holidays when I can barely catch my breath, I rely on a good casserole to get me through the day. I also love me some leftovers, and casseroles make an easy lunch or dinner.
My all-time favorite casserole is my Festive Hash Brown Casserole that I make every year during the holidays along with my famous gluten free lemon poppy seed muffins. Seriously, I would pass on dessert for itevery single time. It gets bonus points because it’s crazy easy to whip up.
This time I decided to get creative and use my favorite Johnsonville® Sausage in the recipe. We’ve been fans of Johnsonville® since their sausages are gluten-free. They also have a natural line that is free from MSG and fillers. I really like their smoked sausage as it’s versatile enough to go from a casserole to a holiday appetizer.
Festive Hash brown Casserole
This festive hash brown casserole is a wonderful breakfast or brunch dish. It's loaded with bacon, cheesy goodness, and plenty of buttery goodness.
- 1 lb shredded potatoes
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 large green bell pepper, diced
- 3 slices Johnsonville Sausages, cut into 1/4"
Creamy Cheddar Mushroom Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 lb crimini mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1/2 Tsp dried Thyme
- 1/2 Tsp dried Black Pepper
- 2 cups broth
- 2 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large casserole dish combine the shredded potatoes, diced bell pepper, and sausages.
- Set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat melt the butter.
- Add in the onions and garlic and saute until lightly golden brown, roughly 4 minutes.
- Next add the chopped mushrooms and the spices.
- Cook for until the mushrooms are soft, roughly 5 minutes.
- Add in the broth and stir with a spoon.
- Remove the mixture from the stove and pour unto a blender.
- Add in 2 cups of the cheddar cheese and then blend until completely smooth.
- Pour this over the hash brown mixture.
- Top with the remaining cheese and place in your oven.
- Bake until for 45 - 55 minutes until golden brown on the top.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 424Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 862mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 15g
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Johnsonville. The opinions and text are all mine.