This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Last Updated on December 7, 2020
Right now, I’m thinking of a hot Portland summer. I’m thinking about laying out on my deck and gazing at the lovely trees, the sunshine glinting off the cool water of the pool and sipping one of these babies. We are finally settling in at our new house and I am in LOVE with all the space and the possibilities. I can’t wait to see what adventures lie ahead in my new kitchen.
Earlier in the week, I was wandering around in one of my new-to-me grocery stores and nearly screeched with joy when I saw Organic Frozen Cherries. Cherries are one of my favorite things. I began imaging all the lovely possbilites and then only wanted to enjoy it in one of the simpliest of forms. The smoothie.
Now, I make my own coconut milk so if you decide to use store bought, you should thin it to more of a watery consistancy. This Cherry Vanilla Smoothie recipe is super simple and super tasty. If you want to kick it up a notch, add some rum and enjoy.
- 1 cup homemade coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 5 oz frozen cherries
- 3/4 cup sparkling mineral water
- 2 tablespoons b grade maple syrup
- Combine the coconut milk, vanilla and sea salt and then pour into an ice cube tray and freeze.
- Take the coconut milk ice cubes and combine with the frozen cherries, maple syrup and sparkling mineral water in your blender and mix until you have a smoothie.
© 2011-2013, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.