This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Last Updated on December 7, 2020
When I was pregnant with The Little, I went through a phase when I craved Horchata like a, well, pregnant woman. At the time, I made it using raw milk and would drink a pint every day and then it started giving me crazy heartburn and I moved on to another food obsession.
Yesterday, during our Mother’s Day brunch, I was staring at the Little with a little bit of awe from what my body was able to help create and I remembered my Horchata binge drinking days and thought it was time to have another glass. This Paleo Horchata recipe is so simple! I even drink it hot out of the pan.
- 1/2 cup of coconut shreds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon power
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon B grade maple syrup, optional
- 2 cups of boiling water
- In your blender, add the coconut shreds, cinnamon powder, salt and maple syrup. Lastly add in your boiling water and blend for 1 minutes (in Blendtec on the soup setting) or 3 -4 minutes in a normal blender.
- Strain with a nut milk bag or fine strainer.
- Set in fridge to cool. You may notice that some fat gels at the top and you will want to remove this (use it in another dish).
- This is awesome over ice.
© 2011-2013, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.