Hood strawberries are in season and I’ve bought flats and froze them to last us for the rest of the year. Mr. Bejelly is a strawberry snob and will only eat them because, hello they’re the best. With several pounds of strawberries in the freezer, I was itching to make a strawberry paleo dessert and came up with this strawberry cake recipe.
Ok, this cake is not huge in stature. Anyone who has baked with coconut flour knows it’s not going to get nice and fluffy like a traditional flour. In the future I’ll probably make cupcakes instead but if you want to get a nice tall cake, you’re going to have to quadruple the recipe. There’s no way that the Mister is going to part with 4lbs of his precious berries for that so you get a cakette instead.
Paleo Strawberry CakePrint
- Strawberry Sauce
- 1 lb of Strawberries washed and quartered
- 1 Tablespoon of honey
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 oz of cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons B grade maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Parchment paper
- Combine the chopped strawberries, honey and Sea Salt in a sauce pan over low heat and simmer for 35-40 minutes. Set aside and let cool. You should have roughly 1 1/2 cups of strawberry sauce when you are done.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl and blend. Then add in the honey, coconut oil,eggs, vanilla and 1 cup of the Strawberry sauce.
- Cut a piece of parchment paper to fit an 8" cake pan and grease the sides of the pan with coconut oil. Pour the cake batter in the pan and bake at 350 for 25 - 30 minutes or until a toothpick come out clean from the center.
- To make the frosting combine the cream cheese, 1/2 cup of strawberry sauce, maple syrup and lemon juice and whip. Spread a thin layer on the finished cake.
© 2011-2012, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.