Paleo Spice Cookies

paleo spice cookies

If I haven’t said it already,  Fall is in the air and I’m thinking of spicy sweets to help me get through the upcoming deluge of darkness and rain.   It’s hard to think about so I’m going to concentrate on the fact that it’s a sunny day and that I still have a couple of these paleo spice cookies waiting for me in my cookie jar.

paleo spice cookies

This recipe is so simple and the spices are the perfect wake me up for those cold dreary days where  I wish I lived in Southern California.   I dare you to eat  just one!

PALEO DESSERT SPICE COOKIES

Spice Cookies

1. Combine the honey, cinnamon, allspice, ginger, salt, molasses and egg in a bowl and mix with a spoon until well blended.
  2. Add the sunflower seed flower and mix. It will be rather sticky so you may need to have wet your hands.
  3. Place the cookies on a greased baking sheet or Silpat.
  4. Bake for 25 minutes at 350.
  5. Enjoy!

© 2011-2012, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.

1. Gary Conway September 10, 2012 at 9:39 am

The texture on these look great, can’t wait to try them out.

1. Kelly Bejelly September 10, 2012 at 12:30 pm

Thank you Gary!

1. Kelly Bejelly September 10, 2012 at 9:54 pm

I’m in a tea mood too! Earl grey is awesome with these cookies.

2. Louise September 10, 2012 at 12:32 pm

WOW those look amazing

3. Billie September 10, 2012 at 12:47 pm

I’ve never heard of using sunflower seeds in cookies, sounds interesting.

4. Donna September 10, 2012 at 4:49 pm

They sound delicious! I like the idea of sunflower seeds, too.

5. Maryann September 11, 2012 at 6:46 am

Do you think you could use nuts instead? I don’t have sunflower seeds but I have a ton of pecans, walnuts and cashews.

1. Kelly Bejelly September 11, 2012 at 9:01 am

Heck yeah Maryann. I have nut allergies but cashews would be awesome as a replacement.

6. Kenyatta Rodriguez September 11, 2012 at 7:21 am

Those cookies look delightful and your photography is fabulous. Are you a Kajeet mom? I am too! 🙂

1. Kelly Bejelly September 11, 2012 at 9:01 am

Thanks Kenyatta! I’m not a kejeet mom though.

7. Mom Foodie September 11, 2012 at 9:06 am

I usually have sunflower seeds on hand. They are so much less expensive than the nuts called for in so many flourless recipes. Nice to see you taking into account that most of us can’t spend $20 to make a batch of cookies 🙂

1. Kelly Bejelly September 11, 2012 at 9:20 am

It’s crazy how expensive nuts can be. If I buy a sunflower seed butter the cost is around $8 for a lb when I can get 3lbs of bulk seeds for that cost.

8. HilLesha September 11, 2012 at 1:45 pm

Yummy! I have most of the ingredients. Sadly, I’ve been using the Baby Bullet as a food processor lately. I need to get the real deal, because I’m seeing more and more recipes that call for a food processor. ~lol~

9. Marcie W. September 15, 2012 at 11:09 am

Another wonderful grain free treat! Thank you Kelly, these sound SO super easy and delicious as well.

10. Gayle October 18, 2012 at 12:03 pm

Another great recipe I can’t wait to try out for my hubby. It’s a good thing that sunflower seeds are so inexpensive because our 4 children are going to want to try these out too, it’s the magic word “cookies.” I will likely use molasses instead of honey (because I have more of it than honey) but I think it will pair well with the spices.

1. Kelly Bejelly October 20, 2012 at 2:18 pm

I hope you like them gayle and I’d love to hear how using only molasses goes.