Last week, I seriously felt like I was a cursed cook. Everything I made came out burned, off and tasting too strong of spices. We ate out a lot and my recipe prep for the week was just as hazardous. I was thinking this was a sign from the Universe to simply throw in the towel and just skip the week but I woke up earlier this morning, yes, this morning and starting tinkering with a paleo pancake recipe I’ve been working on for a while that never worked until today. I won’t lie, I prayed a little that is would finally come out right and thank goodness, it did and it is good. Light and filling and just a hint of sweetness.
I’m nut-free so I used sunbutter and it gives it a strange green color so I figured why not throw some cocoa in there. I only used one ripe banana to sweeten it and it works for me but if you want top it with honey or maple syrup do so and dig in. Because the batter is so thick, I’m sure it would also work well as waffles.
Paleo Banana Chocolate PancakesPrint
- Place all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and mix until smooth.
- Place 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil in the pan to grease the pan.
- This batter is super thick so use a spoon to help pour out a 4" round. Shake the pan lightly to thin the batter in the pan.
- Cook on one side for roughly 3 - 4 minutes and flip when the edges turn dark brown.
- Repeat until your batter is gone.
© 2011-2013, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.