This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
The 21 Day Sugar Detox has been an adventure to say the least. Lately, I’ve been grumpy. Like grumpy enough to rival Oscar the grouch and the Grinch, pre-Christmas Spirit. I’ve started taking extra Natural Calm so I can be civil.
However, I can see the plus sides of the diet already: I’ve lost some inches without working out and my skin issues are clearing up. I’m also realizing how much cheating I was doing – every dang day. I’m not saying that come November 22nd at 12:01 a.m. that I’m going to wake up and eat a candy bar but I do miss the convenience of eating some of my favorite 85% dark chocolate when I feel like it.
I’m going to say that doing this diet is harder for someone who is a food blogger! Seriously, if you don’t know me by now, you know that I share a lot of sweets. It’s been fun though seeing what I desserts I can create that are 21 Day Sugar detox compliant and vegan. This recipe turned out excellent and I love the sharp bite of apple in the frosting paired with the pumpkin spice. These cookies are super filling so be warned.
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup fine coconut shreds
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 large green tipped banana
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice, or cinnamon if following AIP
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup coconut butter, melted
- 1/2 green apple, peeled and finely shredded
- For the cookies, place all the ingredient in your food processor and mix until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Roll into a walnut size ball and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Lightly press a thump into the center of each cookie.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Let cool completely.
- To make the frosting, combine the apple shreds and the coconut butter. Scoop a small amount into the center of each cookie.
© 2011-2013, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.