Homemade Holiday: How to Make Chocolate Vodka

how-to-make-chocolate-vodka

I have a weaknes in my heart for homemade Christmas gifts and I thought it was time to finally share some fun Paleo food ideas that you can give this year.  I was kicking around the idea of making Kahlua but then I remembered I had given up coffee. What’s a girl to do? I decided to share how to make chocolate vodka.

how-to-make-chocolate-vodka-1

This recipe is simple as pie but it does take several days for the flavor to infuse.  I will let mine sit for up to 2 weeks but you can use it after 8 days. how-to-make-chocolate-vodka-2

I am a big fan of White Russian Cocktails. It was  my drink of choice when I hit the young age of 21. I haven’t had one in ages since I rarely drink but I added a splash of the chocolate vodka to cream over ice and it was heavenly.  It’s definitely an adult version of chocolate milk.

how-to-make-chocolate-vodka-4

Homemade Holiday: How to Make Chocolate Vodka

Calories: 166 kcal

1. Add the vodka and cacao nibs to a mason jar and cover with a lid.
  2. Let sit on the counter for 8 to 10 days.
  3. In a small sauce pan over medium heat add the water and the swerve.

4. Bring to a boil and then remove from the stove and let cool. Set aside.
  5. Strain the vodka through a cheesecloth and into a glass jar with a cap.
  6. Add in the cooled simple syrup and let set on our counter overnight.
  7. Enjoy!
  8. Refrigerate any unused portion.
Nutrition Facts
Homemade Holiday: How to Make Chocolate Vodka
Amount Per Serving
Calories 166 Calories from Fat 63
% Daily Value*
Fat 7g11%
Saturated Fat 4g25%
Cholesterol 0mg0%
Sodium 1mg0%
Carbohydrates 11g4%
Fiber 1g4%
Sugar 0g0%
Protein 1g2%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.

© 2011-2014, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.

1. Patricia R. December 4, 2014 at 6:45 am

I just whipped up a batch last night. I use a cordial making machine from the eighties. It uses radiant energy to make the cordials in half a day rather than weeks or months. I am letting it sit in a jar for a few days. By Sunday it should be ready to taste. I’ll let you know how it is. Thanks for the great recipe. I did use all vodka instead of part water. I have really been missing my Cupcake vodka in Devil’s Food.

2. erin December 1, 2015 at 7:27 pm

once all the steps are completed does it need to be refrigerated if not drunk right away?

1. Kelly Bejelly January 18, 2016 at 10:08 am

Yes, I would store this in your fridge hun.

3. Jean November 27, 2017 at 4:07 pm

Oh man, this look soooo delicious! I need to make this for a Christmas party.

4. Kari - Get Inspired Everyday! November 28, 2017 at 6:33 am

Wow what an awesome idea to do an infusion! I used to love using different liquor flavors, but once I found out how unhealthy they were I stopped using them, but it never occurred to me to make my own!

5. Carrie November 28, 2017 at 9:30 am

Such a great idea for a grown-up holiday treat! 🙂

6. Katja November 28, 2017 at 11:20 am

YUM! This looks like such a fun holiday gift idea.

7. Megan Stevens November 28, 2017 at 6:19 pm

Wow, this is such a fun recipe!!! I would never have thought of this. I love that nibs are used!

8. tina November 28, 2017 at 6:24 pm

Never had Chocolate vodka before…. sounds delish!

9. Emily @ Recipes to Nourish December 1, 2017 at 7:42 pm

Wow! What a cool idea! I never would have thought of that. I don’t drink, but if I did I know this would be a favorite since chocolate is SO delicious! This is so fun and festive for holidays too!

10. Becky Winkler December 3, 2017 at 6:58 am

This is such a fun and creative gift idea! I love it!!

11. cristina December 3, 2017 at 8:43 pm

oh you temptress you!!! I might just have to try this!!

12. ChihYu December 4, 2017 at 8:04 am

Wow ! This is so inventive ! Never though of this flavor combo. Definitely need to try it !