This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
I have a weaknes in my heart for homemade Christmas gifts and I thought it was time to finally share some fun Paleo food ideas that you can give this year. I was kicking around the idea of making Kahlua but then I remembered I had given up coffee. What’s a girl to do? I decided to share how to make chocolate vodka.
This recipe is simple as pie but it does take several days for the flavor to infuse. I will let mine sit for up to 2 weeks but you can use it after 8 days.
I am a big fan of White Russian Cocktails. It was my drink of choice when I hit the young age of 21. I haven’t had one in ages since I rarely drink but I added a splash of the chocolate vodka to cream over ice and it was heavenly. It’s definitely an adult version of chocolate milk.
- 1 1/2 cups vodka
- 1 1/4 cups cacao nibs
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1/2 cup Swerve
- Add the vodka and cacao nibs to a mason jar and cover with a lid.
- Let sit on the counter for 8 to 10 days.
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat add the water and the swerve.
- Bring to a boil and then remove from the stove and let cool. Set aside.
- Strain the vodka through a cheesecloth and into a glass jar with a cap.
- Add in the cooled simple syrup and let set on our counter overnight.
- Refrigerate any unused portion.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 166Saturated Fat: 4gSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gProtein: 1g
© 2011-2014, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.