Warning: This recipe will result in snack-aholicism.
I thought it would be best to start with a general warning about how dang fantastic this Paleo Granola recipe is my cookbook Paleo Eats. Seriously. If you make this don’t say that I didn’t warn you. We powered through this recipe in less than 3 days. Mr. Bejelly was eating it as breakfast cereal for breakfast, lunch and dinner and I, well, I was just shoving it in my mouth by the handful.
I know. You’re thinking. This is paleo granola. Granola is boring. Granola is what people ate in the early 90s. Well, this recipe will make you rethink granola and having you and your kids begging for more.
Don’t believe me? Make it and let me know what you think below.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a rimmed baking sheet.
- Place the dates, black pepper, lemon juice, allspice, and sea salt in a food processor and pulse for 30 seconds.
- Add the egg white to the date mixture and pulse for 10 seconds to combine.
- In a large bowl, combine the pecans, coconut flakes, slivered almonds, and pumpkin seeds and mix with a spoon.
- With a nonstick spatula, scoop the date mixture into bowl with the nuts and coconut, and blend until fully coated.
- Scoop the mixture onto the baking sheet and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until fragrant and lightly golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on the pan for at least 3 hours before storing in an airtight container.
- This will keep for 2 weeks in the refrigerator.