This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Ok, I’ve been wanting to get my hands on a copy of Practical Paleo for years. This book is one of the seminal Paleo cookbooks and mama, I’ve heard it’s amazing. I totally lucked out and got a copy in the mail of the second addition.
If the first edition is considered a diamond, then the 2nd edition is a diamond blinged with gold and rubies because it is AWESOME! Seriously, Diane put her foot in this book and there is more amazing recipes and information to help you on your Paleo journey.
TWO ENTIRELY NEW CHAPTERS
“Getting Started with Paleo” shows you step by step how to switch to the Paleo way of eating, whether you want to go all-in all at once or transition gradually over time. This chapter also includes a a more comprehensive explanation of the 4R Protocol, which walks you through removing harmful foods, repairing the gut, reinoculating with beneficial bacterial, and reintroducing foods that were previously eliminated.
“Living the Paleo Lifestyle” offers tips and suggestions for navigating holidays and parties, talking to friends and family about Paleo – how to help if they want to dive in or how to handle it if they’re unsupportive) – getting your kids involved in the kitchen, and much more.
Plus an update to the blood sugar regulation chapter, “Clearing Up Carb Confusion,” since this is a hotly debated – and confusing – topic these days.
3 NEW 30-DAY MEAL PLANS
- The new meal plans provide guidance for addressing common health concerns: Adrenal Health (stress management), Healthy Hormones (for both women and men), and Liver Detox Support.
- There’s also a new detailed guide to finding the meal plan that’s right for you, so you can get the health benefits you need with the fewest restrictions.
50+ NEW RECIPES!
- These brand-new, mouthwatering recipes range from breakfast foods to family-friendly weeknight meals–many of which are one-pot or meal-in-one and use budget-friendly proteins.
- Recipes from the last edition have been updated based upon reader feedback over the years
- There’s also a new guide to special ingredients and where to find them
You know you want this book so just buy it already! You can make this meatball recipe to tide you over until it arrives in the mail. If you want a chance to win a copy, enter below:
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 2 to 3 dashes of fish sauce
- 1/4 cup minced green onions, scallions
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon grated or minced fresh ginger, about 1/2-inch piece
- 1 teaspoon grated or minced garlic, about 2 cloves
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 pound ground chicken or turkey, preferably dark meat for the best flavor
- 3/4 cup coconut aminos
- cup Grated zest and juice of 1 orange, about 1/4 juice; reserve zest for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated onion
- 2 to 3 dashes of fish sauce
- 2 pinches of ginger powder
- FOR GARNISH
- Sliced green onions, scallions
- Red pepper flakes, optional
- Orange zest, from above
- toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and set a wire baking rack on the baking sheet.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the coconut aminos, fish sauce, green onions, cilantro, ginger, garlic, sesame seeds, salt, and pepper. Add the meat to the bowl and mix to thoroughly combine with the seasonings. Form the meat into thirty-six 3/4-ounce meatballs and place on the baking rack.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until cooked through.
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the ingredients for the sauce. Bring the sauce to a simmer over medium-low heat, then continue to simmer until the sauce reduces by half, 5 to 7 minutes. Tilt the pan frequently to prevent the sauce from burning.
- Remove the meatballs from the oven and toss them in the sauce while they are still warm.
- Garnish with green onions, red pepper flakes (if using), orange zest, and sesame seeds.
ENTER FOR A CHANCE TO WIN A PRACTICAL PALEO COOKBOOK!
Right now one lucky reader can win a copy of Practical Paleo Cookbook
Rules: There is No purchase Necessary to Enter and, the Giveaway is open to the USA only. Giveaway runs from 11/2/2016 9 a.m. PST to 1/12/2016 9 p.m. PST. Winner will be contacted via email will have 48 hours to respond before another winner is drawn.
Visit amazon and share something you learned about the book in a comment below (mandatory)
Optional 2nd entry:
Pin this post and share the url of the pin in a comment below