This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Last Updated on August 26, 2022
A party means fun and frolic among a group of close-knit people. By default, you start to think in a larger-than-daily-life scale for a party. Images of activities and amusements along with lavish arrangements start flashing in your mind. And if you’re the host, you mentally start a parallel comparison of the cost of all those pretty things with your budget.
Hosting a party or even being a part of the event management team can become quite stressful from financial perspective. You need to send invitations, finalise the venue, decorations and seating arrangements, organise food and beverages for the guests and do so many other things. Each item comes with its own price tag as dents to your budget.
But, does it have to be that costly always? Definitely not!
You might choose to go overboard with a truly special event like your wedding reception party. But for most other fairly recurrent events like birthdays, holiday season parties and such, it could be quite economic, for sure.
All you need are some out-of-the-box ideas and a neat planning as an innovative host.
Check out the following tips to make your next parties delightful with lot more cost-effectiveness.
- Tap into technology: Take advantage of technology for some smart cost-saving tricks. Invite your folks by sending e-vites or create a Facebook page for online invitations and instant RSVP. Many online agencies offer various promotional deals on holidays and special occasions for their subscribers. Check these options before booking any services for the party. Entertain guests with appropriate music using smart phone apps and portable speakers/boosters.
- Go green: Switch over to cost-effective lightings for your evening party. Make a few crafty DIY projects for innovative and unique decorations with your personal touch. Select rewards and gifts that add value, like a small potted plant.
- Choose party timings: you’re in a real financial crunch, pick your party timings wisely. Instead of a full-meal event, invite your friends for an afternoon party or a high-tea gathering with snacks and beverages.
- Delegate responsibilities indirectly: You can also reduce the cost of food by proposing a potluck or a bake-off competition to your guests along the invite.
- Select location and activities carefully: Turn your backyard in a cosy party zone with some cost-effective rented equipment and/or DIY items. Utilise your nearby local park or pool for a bigger group. Also, select and prepare for the activities thoughtfully. Instead of games that require many props, offer interesting board games or interactive games to your guests. Look for outdoor inflatable activities like tossing games, waterslides, bouncy houses, or obstacle courses. They can be matched to your party theme and also of any design and shape you want. No matter if it’s a kid’s party or an adult one, these kinds of games will entertain anyone and bring lots of joyful moments. Learn a few nifty tricks for a surprise magic show for the kids. Ask the groups to bring along their own outdoor sports gears, if the weather and venue permit so.
Managing all these hacks for a corporate party may become a bit too much considering the scale and versatility of the group. Looking for a charming Sydney corporate catering within your budget? Contact Flavours Catering + Events for a completely hassle-free corporate party and enjoy with your office people today.