This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Last Updated on December 6, 2020
I was wondering through the isles of my neighborhood grocery store and discovered they sold unsweetened Banana chips fried in coconut oil. Seriously, I almost did a cartwheel when I saw these and grabbed a bag.
When I got home I immediately started trying to create a fun snack mix. I initially thought that I would use cayenne but I didn’t have any (I hate to admit it that my spice rack is like a hoarder den). Anyhow, I did have some chipotle and voila, this Honey Chipotle Snack Mix was born.
Yield: 5 cups
Honey Chipotle Snack Mix
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes
Total Time: 28 minutes
- One 10oz bag of Unsweetened Banana Chips, I get mine from Natural Grocers
- 2 cups of raw pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Chipotle powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large pot, add the spices, honey butter and water and whisk until combined.
- Remove from the heat and then add in the pecans and banana chips and toss with a spoon until completely coated.
- Pour nuts onto the parchment paper and pour any excess over the top but most of it will have been soaked up by the nuts and banana chips.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes and let cool for 20 to 30 minutes before diving in.
Kelly! You have no idea how happy this recipe makes me. After just getting back from Paleofx, there was a similar snack mix on sale but I thought to myself “oh I can make that at home.” Now you have done the work for me! I am so excited!!
Thank you for this recipe! I am always on the lookout for paleo snacks for my 2 year old. This will be perfect: good for when we’re on the go and it has a little bit of sweetness! Double points for the Chipotle seasoning to expand her palate; she’s a work in progress!
I hope you both enjoy it Randa!
When do you add the butter or coconut oil? It’s on the ingredient list but not in the instructions. Thanks!
Whoops! It goes in with the water and honey! Sorry about that Lynn. I updated the recipe.
Definitely need to make these.
I love sweet/spicy!