This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Last Updated on September 3, 2023
I was wondering through the isles of my neighborhood grocery store and discovered they sold unsweetened Banana chips fried in coconut oil. Seriously, I almost did a cartwheel when I saw these and grabbed a bag.
When I got home I immediately started trying to create a fun snack mix. I initially thought that I would use cayenne but I didn’t have any (I hate to admit it that my spice rack is like a hoarder den). Anyhow, I did have some chipotle and voila, this Honey Chipotle Snack Mix was born. Btw, if you want to make this but you are out of honey, you can check out this post on substitutes for honey.
- One 10oz bag of Unsweetened Banana Chips, I get mine from Natural Grocers
- 2 cups of raw pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Chipotle powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large pot, add the spices, honey butter and water and whisk until combined.
- Remove from the heat and then add in the pecans and banana chips and toss with a spoon until completely coated.
- Pour nuts onto the parchment paper and pour any excess over the top but most of it will have been soaked up by the nuts and banana chips.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes and let cool for 20 to 30 minutes before diving in.