This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Last Updated on June 13, 2020
Make dinner time stupid easy with these Paleo Freezer Meals recipes. Go a whole month without cooking from scratch and easily shop for these ingredients from Walmart or Costco!
I was recently inspired by a friend’s paleo freezer meal prepping post and thought how lovely it would be do a bunch of paleo freezer meals for the days I feel like giving up and going to get take out.
I already make use of my slow cooker once a week but the convenience of a put together meal sounds like nirvana.
A couple quick tips about freezing meals.
- Clean out the freezer and fridge before shopping.
- Never refreeze raw meat. Be sure to ask the butcher if you’re unsure.
- Always cool food as quickly as possible before freezing (ice bath or in the refrigerator).
- Use double bags for things with liquid and foil for things like meatloaf and casseroles. You can also use mason jars for soups and sauces as they also stack well with no waste! If you use the jars, remember to leave a little room in the top for expansion
- Flash freeze things that can stick together like meatballs and waffles by placing them in a single layer on a cookie sheet until solid. Then transfer them to a labeled freezer bag and store in the freezer.
- Always label your meals with contents AND the date.
- Freeze things as quickly and as flat as possible and squeeze out as much air as possible (air = freezer burn) to make stacking in the freezer super easy (and less like a bad game of Tetris). Ideally, a food 2-inches thick should freeze completely in about 2 hours. If your home freezer has a “quick-freeze” shelf, use it.
- Once food is thawed in the refrigerator, it is safe to refreeze it without cooking, although there may be a loss of quality due to the moisture lost through thawing.
- Keep a list of your freezer meals on the freezer and cross them off when you use them
- Defrost before reheating
15 Paleo Freezer Meals
Freezer meals to can easily go into the oven or crockpot! Take half a month off making dinner from scratch.
Slow Cooker Kalua Pork
Slow Cooker Kalua Pork is the easiest freezer meal and has less than 4 ingredients.
The Hunger Games Lamb Stew with Dried Plums
Whole30 Lamb strew that is rich with flavor!
Ginger Chicken Recipe
Add a little ginger to your next meal and feel your superpowers kick in! It’s true — ginger is a superfood and it elevates this Ginger Chicken Recipe to the next level. I love a good Paleo Chicken recipe and this is one to share!
Paleo Pizza Casserole (Low Carb) A Girl Worth Saving
Make these Pizza casserole in a skillet and freezer for later! Reheats like a dream.
Pineapple Teriyaki Pork
Country style ribs marinated in teriyaki sauce and pineapple make a easy freezer meal
Honey & Spice Glazed Pork Chops
Ginger, cloves, mustard and honey make these pork chops heavenly!
Roasted Poblano and Pumpkin Chili
Chili is the quintessential easy meal and freezing it just is common sense!
Harvest-Spiced Chicken Stew – Paleo in PDX
Apricots, ginger and orange juice create the perfect flavor combination in this freezer meal Chicken Stew
Bison and Sweet Potato Stew Recipe
Hearty and packed with rich flavor, this strew will become a family favorite.
Meatloaf Muffins … Fun for the Whole Family! (DF, GF)
These meatloaf muffins freeze like a dream and make the perfect lunch or dinner.
Crockpot Salsa Beef
The easiest meal to dump in a freezer bag and whip up for dinner time.
No Tomato Chili
Looking for a chili with no tomatoes? This freezer meal fits the bill and uses coffee in the base.
Paleo Carne Guisada
This cuban version of beef stew will have everyone asking for seconds.
Paleo Hawaiian Crockpot Chicken
These freezer meal cooks up in your slow cooker for the simplest dinner.
Stuffed Beef Cannelloni -- Low Carb & Grain Free
Make these paleo casserole ahead of time and freeze it!
What a bunch of great ideas, I’ve been looking for some good fall slow-cooker recipes.
I need to make more freezer meals.
Lamb stew with plums? YUM! Your recipes sound delicious!
I can’t resist a good freezer meal. Those pork chops sound great!
I had so many freezer meals prepared for when the baby arrived. Now it’s all gone better get to cookin 🙂
After reading your post, I am hungry! Looks like some great options.
Thanks for putting together such a delicious looking list!
I do monthly freezer cooking as well — and love keeping “ingredients” in the freezer (in 1/2 or 1 cup portions) all ready to go for a quick meal. Freezer cooking is the bomb!
The honey & spice glazed pork chops sound divine.
That looks amazing! Please come over this week and cook dinner for us!
I’m kinda bad about waiting for food to cool until I freeze it. Shame on me!
How do you do this? Almost daily a wonderful new recipe, how do you do it?
Tee Hee, I often don’t. I do come back to my menus and pick an choose what sounds good for the night though 😛
I never been tried to cook Paleo but I would like to try this at home. Thanks for the recipe and the information on how to cook this.
Pinning this to my freezer meals board!
I need to try to do freezer cooking. The closest I get is freezing leftovers when I make soups or stews…
Freezer meals are such a good thing for saving time. I need to do this sometime.
Great meat ideas!
I meant meal ideas, lol. 🙂
Great ideas thanks!
Do you have a grocery list for this? It all sounds so AMAZING!!
Hi Erika! Unfortunately I don’t have a grocery list.
Just curious did you mean to make these recipes full paleo meals or paleo-ish? Reason I’m asking is because dairy and or cheese is not allowed in the paleo diet. But they sure do look and sound yummy! I will have to try the ones that are full paleo (seeing my doctor will kill (figuratively) me if I had the cheese! 🙁
Hi Tina! Yes, well, I eat dairy hun. If your doctor is recommending you don’t eat it and you do not tolerate it, then skip it.
Thanks so much, sweet friend, for the shout out on my Meatloaf Muffins. I’ve pinned this post and can’t wait to give some of the others a try! Thanks for sharing!
I would love to make the pizza casserole. Do you cook it before you freeze it? What do you freeze it in? Thanks!
I do cook it so I just warm it up one meal day. I place it in a glass container and cover it and freeze it Allie.