This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Last Updated on December 6, 2020
When I started this recipe, I was thinking of creating something completely different. When I’m developing a recipe, I will taste it periodically throughout the process and make adjustments. A couple of missteps lead to me creating this Paleo Sticky rice recipe that seriously reminds me of the treat my mom used to make for me when I was growing up.
Tapioca flour is seriously becoming one of my favorite flours to use. It is so flexible and makes the most bread-like baked goods that I’ve found. Anyhow, back to my childhood coming right back at me in the form of this dessert.
I remember when my mom would make sticky rice balls. I would wake up in the middle of night and eat as much as a pre-teen could before my stomach would moan in protest, and then I would pass out from happiness in my stomach. It was a nice visit down memory lane and I’m so glad that the Little can share the same experience with me through this recipe.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup ghee
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon B grade maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup mashed sweet potato
- 1/2 cup coconut shreds
- 1 cup chia seeds
- In a sauce pan combine the water, ghee, vanilla, maple syrup and sea salt
- Bring to a boil.
- Remove from the stove and add the tapioca flour.
- Mix until you have a paste. Then add in the mashed sweet potato and coconut shreds.
- Mix until you have your "rice" dough.
- Pinch off a walnut sized piece and roll into a ball then coat with the chia seeds.
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up and then enjoy.
© 2011-2013, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.