This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Last Updated on October 5, 2021
Preparing a delightful dinner for your guests doesn’t have to be difficult. So, if you’re expecting dinner guests and can’t still decide what you will prepare, keep on reading.
Below is a compilation of easy-to-make recipes that will surely impress your dinner guests.
- Italian Bruschetta Bar
Want to make your dinner feel like a picnic without hiring a caterer? Here’s the perfect recipe for you. To make Italian Bruschetta, you just need a few ingredients that are readily available in the market. When it comes to the arrangement, it’s all up to you. This means you can be as creative as you can.
- 1 sweet onion, sliced thinly
- 2 tbsps. extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Kosher salt
- 8 oz. spreadable herb cheese
- 1 loaf of crusty bread, sliced thinly
- 8 oz. burrata cheese
- 3 oz. prosciutto
- 3 oz. salami
- ½ cup pesto
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes
- ½ cup quince paste
- ½ cup olive tapenade
- For serving, prepare olives, pickled peppers, cornichons, and marinated artichoke hearts.
- In a pot over medium heat, heat the olive oil.
- Add the onions and decrease the heat to low.
- Cook and stir often until the onions are completely caramelized.
- Stir in the vinegar and season with pepper and salt. Then transfer to a bowl.
- Over medium heat, heat either a grill pan or grill.
- Grill the bread on both sides. Once grilled, set aside.
- On a large board, arrange the cheeses, meats, bread, meats, and accompaniments.
- Chicken Quesadilla
Did you know that you can also serve quesadillas during dinner parties? Here’s a super delicious quesadilla recipe that’s easy to prepare. In case you don’t have a quesadilla maker, you can visit www.kitchenthinker.com for other options you can consider.
- 4 tsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. olive oil and another 1tsp
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 4 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 ¼ cups chicken breasts, shredded and cooked
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 large flour tortillas
- For garnish – sliced avocado, lime wedges, sour cream, salsa, and fresh cilantro
- In a saucepan over medium heat, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Add flour and chili powder. Cook for one to two minutes.
- Whisk in stock gradually, and then add chicken, red bell pepper, and mushrooms. Stir occasionally until the veggies are tender.
- Remove from heat and then stir in cheese.
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining olive oil.
- Spread half of the veggie mixture on the tortilla. Make sure to leave an inch border around.
- Top with the second tortilla.
- Cook until golden brown
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas and veggie mixture.
- Slice into wedges
- Top with your desired garnishes and serve.
3. Salmon with Rich Dill Sauce
If you are looking for a special recipe that’s easy to prepare for your dinner guests, you may want to give Salmon with rich dill sauce a try.
- 1 salmon fillet
- 1 tsp. onion salt
- 6 lemon slices
- ½ tsp. lemon-pepper seasoning
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 onion, separated into rings
For the sauce:
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp. prepared horseradish
- 1 tbsp. onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. garlic salt
- ¾ tsp. dill weed
- Line a baking pan with foil and grease it lightly.
- Place the salmon, make sure the skin is facing down on foil.
- Sprinkle it with onion, salt, and lemon pepper. Top with lemon and onion and dot with butter.
- Fold foil and seal tightly.
- For 20 minutes, bake the salmon at 350 degrees Celsius.
- Carefully open the foil to let the steam escape.
- For three to five minutes, broil four to six in from the heat.
- For the sauce, combine all the ingredients until smooth.
- Serve the Salmon together with the sauce.
But aside from this one, there are other easy-to-prepare Salmon recipes for you to try that will impress your guests.
- Chicken Pesto
Looking for a chicken recipe for your dinner guests? This chicken pesto is worth trying. In fact, it only needs four ingredients.
- Chicken breast
- Fresh tomatoes
- Basil Pesto
- Begin by seasoning the chicken.
- Top the chicken (seared or raw) with basil pesto.
- Place the mozzarella on top of the pesto.
- Lastly, layer on some sliced fresh tomatoes.
- Bake the chicken breast at 350-degree Celsius until cooked.
- Served immediately
- Bell Pepper Nachos
If you and your dinner guests are on a low-carb diet, this is the perfect recipe for you.
- 3 pcs. bell peppers
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- ¾ cup salsa (note: no sugar added)
- ¼ tsp. sea salt or kosher salt
- First, remove the seeds, membrane, and core from the bell peppers. Then slice each into six vertical pieces. Then set aside.
- Over medium-high heat, cook the Turkey and break it up as it cooks. Cook the meat until it loses its pink color.
- Drain off the fat.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the cooked ground Turkey with salsa and spices.
- Distribute the mixture into the sliced Bell Peppers evenly and top them with cheese.
- Bake them on a parchment-lined baking sheet until the peppers are hot and cheese is melted. Usually, it takes about ten minutes.
- If you want your bell peppers to be softer, you can add some water to the bottom of a casserole dish. Then add filled nachos. Tightly cover with foil and bake for around 15 minutes.
Aside from the above-mentioned, there are other delicious recipes that you can easily prepare for your dinner guests. But these five recipes are enough to impress your guests.
Aside from preparing delicious meals, make sure to set the ambiance. You can decorate your table with fresh flowers and set some light-scented candles. And of course, don’t forget the relaxing music.